Bigsnappa

Piston Air Pumps vs Diaphragm Air Pumps

Hi there - I am wondering if anyone has tried the piston air pumps available these days. I have found a small one on ebay that puts out 30l/min and draws 18watts for around $45 delivered. Has anyone had any experience with these or anything similar?

Thanks John

Model: Resun ACO-001

Power: 18W

Voltage: 220/100V

Frequency: 60/50Hz

Pressure: >0.02MPa

Output: 30L/min

DIA.OF mouth: 8mm

Spec.OF Divider: 4x1 Outlets

Weight: 1.1kg

Size: 180 x 95 x 115mm

Hi there - I am wondering if anyone has tried the piston air pumps available these days. I have found a small one on ebay that puts out 30l/min and draws 18watts for around $45 delivered. Has anyone had any experience with these or anything similar?

Thanks John

Model: Resun ACO-001

Power: 18W

Voltage: 220/100V

Frequency: 60/50Hz

Pressure: >0.02MPa

Output: 30L/min

DIA.OF mouth: 8mm

Spec.OF Divider: 4x1 Outlets

Weight: 1.1kg

Size: 180 x 95 x 115mm

I cannot comment on the "Resun" brand (although it's Chinese....so you get what you pay for) but I do have a piston air pump in operation since 2005 and found it to be excellent. The particular brand I use is called a "Medo" (see http://www.nitto-australia.com.au/Produ ... IDITEM=451).

Ta

Graeme

Resun stuff is mostly pretty good - BUT most of the Resun gear on eBay is not imported through the distributor and is often 220v not 240v and can have a diminished life expectancy . Although this mainly applies to canister filters , I would do my research and ask a few questions first .

Resun piston pumps work well but are a little noisy . I used to have one but my daughter ¨borrowed¨ it . It is still working well it is still noisy it is very unlikely that I will get it back while it still works :lol:

About parts I have not had to repair or replace any components in it - so I do not know about availability !

Did I mention that it is noisy ?

Just to give you the heads up australian power supply is no longer 240v ac we are now 230v ac and if the appliance says it runs on 220v that doesn't matter as it will run fine on our supply systems. House, industrial and commerical power supplies range from 210V out towards the end of the line to sometimes even 250V depending on voltage drop.

yeah , I bought a 3o litre boyu the same as yours, great little pump but didn't meet my needs . I just bought another one 300 litre , holy cow this thing pumps . Looks the same but another brand . Nothing wrong with piston pumps .I prefer them to resun , have had both .

I got the same pump and it runs 9 sponge filters,4 air stones in the K1 sump and a tumbler no problem,I did change the plug though.I don't notice the noise as the rack is in the shed.

I had one of those Medo piston pumps on my Biocycle,it lasted about 5 years continuous use but to buy a service kit when the pistons needed replacing was over $150 so replaced with a hailea hap80 diaphragm as spares are cheap as.