.When people come to your house, is it rude to politely ask them to not bring any kids, or in the house.?? I generally dont let first timers to my house, but it does happen here and there, and most the time kids are good, but i have had some really bratty kids.....i have 8 tanks and loads of breakable stuff, ive had kids knock things over, bang on my tanks, attempt to feed my fish, spill food thru the house and get it everywhere.....Parents don't pull them up and i kinda feel bad if say anything.

So now i do ask people to not bring their kids.....is this too rude?? I know we live in a politically correct world.....but seriously O_o

My own personal view is kids should be kept in cages and gaged if the insist on screaming.

So no it your house can ask what ever you like, same as asking someone to take or there shoes, no problem with it

Unfortunately, far too many parents nowadays just don't teach their kids any manners or expect any from them.

You are well within your rights to request that children do not accompany their parents when visiting your home.

While not the only reason by any means, this issue was certainly a part of my decision a few years ago to no longer allow visitors to my fishroom.

Cheers, Doug

The worst experience I ever had years ago when I sold to the public was this one woman who brought her miniature dog inside my house without asking - despite the fact I clearly had a dog inside that I then had to lock up because he was going ballistic at the intruder. I was flabbergasted! Truly couldn't believe it. I found most kids were good - if they weren't I told them off in front of their parents. Don't like it - leave - that simple. (No-one ever did).

I was hit as a kid whenever I was to do something wrong and I now suffer from a disorder known as 'respect'. Seen not heard is the way to go hah

Edited by hamishh34

I have kids, I know what it's like when they want to touch everything, as kids are inquisitive (as my dad always said, "look with your eyes, not your hands"). I would totally respect the fact if somebody said 'no kids allowed', I get it ....

I'd never let buyers into my house, kids or not..because people are jerks. Also because I would feel like The house would need to be presentable, which would mean housework, and nobody wants that.

Very few make it to my door kids or not.We do daycare and its sad that some parents don't teach respect but its your house your rules and I can respect that.As for the people that make my door they are free to bring their kids as they would of been screened anyway before I decided to sell to them.Checked there posts Rang a few trustworthy friends and made a educated assumption of there character and morals.Dont stack up to the screening and I just say sorry sold them already.

Your house your rules. If someone bought kids to my place an did the stuff they did at yours them an their parents would be asked to leave without the fish.

thats why my fish room is under my house, kids are always welcome, if they play up, i tell them i will put them in my ibc and let the fish eat them,

hahaha,

but your home, your rules, simple, we take our dog with us sometimes, but always check first, if its not ok, one of us sit in the car with him,

easy..........

I've had to bring my son to get fish before, and it required going into a fish room (I stupidly wasn't aware). I didn't trust him not to trip over or break something or be a pest, so he got sat at the front door where I could see him for a couple of minutes... and HEAVILY instructed not to touch a single thing. Sometimes I can't leave him behind, but he's trained enough to understand wrath of mother if he dares do something wrong when we're at a stranger's house.

Kids are just brutal. Have had some nightmares.

If I had thought to say no kids...... I would have.

I have one of my own, I get the fact that they destroy houses/lives/bodies.

I also get that its difficult to control kids.

And even harder when its large numbers of them.

On the plus side..... its always nice to be reminded why you stopped at one.

I bring my daughter with me sometimes, but she is very well behaved as we have raised her correctly. I had some piece of work from Carol Park turn up to buy some silk worms from gumtree and she bought her 7 year old with, no shirt or shoes mind you and he was running around the house like a nut trying to get into everything. She had no idea how to handle a child, normally I greet people at the door and exchange there and then, but she rocked up 15 minutes early and it was raining, I had no choice but to let her in, but never again.

i find most people that bring kids generally ask them to wait outside the garage. if i can tell their good respectible kids i will say its ok to bring them in .. i have not really had any issue.. although if the floor and wet and the room mess i do ask they wait at the door as its unsafe.

is what worse is when a young fella want to come and get a couple fish but decides to bring 3 mates with him and your constantly trying to keep and eye on four guys.

Not too rude, and easy thing to say is your dog dosent like kids, then if they do bring kids just ask them to stay at front door as the dog dosent like kids lol. I always take my kids with me myself, but unless asked to enter house/fishroom I stay out front with my kids and if i do go in the kids stay right next to me. Thats me though, there some wild kids/parents out there lol.

Dude your house your rule. And i'm with presto above if parents bought kids along and did nothing about there bad behaviour then they would see the door real smart. why people also do the carpark down the road also like some drug dealer or the likes. you don't know who your letting in to your fish room or if they may come back for your prize possessions while your away. It happens sadly.

i dont let people over unless i know them well and they have been over before. i have a guard dog and kids are to unpredictable i trust my dogs not kids

The answer to your question is yes, it is extremely rude to invite people over and then turn around and ask them not to bring their kids. Better not to invite them in the first place.

Nobody likes kids, heck half the time even the parents of the kids don't like the kids,

Nobody wants kids in a fishroom!

Now i understand why i had to meet you at a local shopping centre @Daharkazangel, I could have had my kids with me lolol (I don't really have any or want any)

This is my boy when we went to visit a local-ish fish store. I'd told him not to touch, so he spent the entire trip walking around like that.

He's a good kid, but he's also a four year old boy - which means instructions go in one ear and out the other. And that he already thinks his parents are idiots and has mastered the exasperated eye-roll.

I'm frequently unable to go anywhere without taking one of the kids - it's just not possible, the realities of modern family life that I won't go into. If somebody asked me not to bring kids into their home, I'd be fine with it, but I'd need them to show me the fish on the doorstep - if they can't that's fine too.

People forget that the 'conditions of sale' include more than just money changing hands - it's whatever the buyer and seller agree upon and sometimes seemingly little things can break a sale. And that's actually ok and no one's fault.

c4c42486c8aa9fbd13ba244b47624434.jpg

When did i ever meet you lol?? I rarely sell fish, so must have been something chilling around the house from a auction?? But yes, Aldi does wonders for a swap, buy, sell, meet. Think everyone who works at that complex knows im dealing with fish and not drugs now :')