steven3838

help...looking for quality fish to breed

.will be breeding electric yellow /blues(80 females of each..14 males),and veil tail angels..must be a bit special (4 pair)Will be doing in line breeding also..But looking for the best to start with..any professional assistance appreciated..Ta!

Can't ask for better there Doug has the best Quality Yellow in the country hence why mine are based off Doug's either [MENTION=57]DFishkeeper[/MENTION]s or [MENTION=6570]QldMick[/MENTION] there both Doug's lines anyway so good Quality and I think [MENTION=9591]Ninja[/MENTION] in Galohes that's why people are taking pictures of there fish out of water so you can see the Quality as compared to in the water

Why don't you choose a species your passionate about and start there.

On another note what is it with people taking pics of their fish out of water???

most of my fish arnt in glass tanks. some times i sort through them or take pics when their tanks are mostly drained during water changes.

most of my fish arnt in glass tanks. some times i sort through them or take pics when their tanks are mostly drained during water changes.

Yeah na sorry mate still doesn't make any sense to me why people would do it. I'm sure they could go into a holding tank or something like that instead of on concrete or an empty bucket I might even have a couple of tanks here I could spare. I just don't see why you would want to stress your fish out just for some happy snaps wether there display, breeding stock or being sold. [MENTION=7637]yellows[/MENTION] I know why people do I just don't know why it's needed.

.will be breeding electric yellow /blues(80 females of each..14 males),and veil tail angels..must be a bit special (4 pair)Will be doing in line breeding also..But looking for the best to start with..any professional assistance appreciated..Ta!

Are you sure you can actually sell the amount of fish you will breed with 80 females!? Market is well and truly wrapped up at the wholesale level and at retail as well. Unless you have customers lined up in advance I'd think very carefully!

Are you sure you can actually sell the amount of fish you will breed with 80 females!? Market is well and truly wrapped up at the wholesale level and at retail as well. Unless you have customers lined up in advance I'd think very carefully!

I think he meant to write 8 not 80 yeah???

post-8516-14711632761696_thumb.jpg

I think he meant to write 8 not 80 yeah???

If he wants 14 males it would be 80 females not 8..

If you still want good fish I have Nkhata Bay Electric Yellows. They have not been inter bred - they are the original bright yellow pure strain from that part of the lake. Also have very good Blues. Photos not great - just done a water change but you get the idea. As others have mentioned above Doug has very good line bred Yellows.

post-8516-14711632761863_thumb.jpg

post-8516-1471163276201_thumb.jpg

Edited by none

If you still want good fish I have Nkhata Bay Electric Yellows. They have not been inter bred - they are the original bright yellow pure strain from that part of the lake.

You might have you wires a bit crossed on that one - L. caeruleus from Nkhata are pretty much white, and definitely not yellow.

You might have you wires a bit crossed on that one - L. caeruleus from Nkhata are pretty much white, and definitely not yellow.

The strain actually originates south of Lions Cove and north of Nkhata Bay. Originally sold as Nkhata Bay as closer to Nkahta than the nearest source spot which at that time was (and I believe still is) Lions Cove. (Between Nkhata Bay & Chadagha). There is a common very pale form (near white) from Nkhata as you correctly mentioned. Further north in Lion's cover there are three distinct populations - one very yellow - the second other almost half yellow and a third - rare at that point - more white than yellow. It is possible that these were incorrectly site named when initially shipped and were indeed from Lions Cove - however sources at the time were adamant they indeed came from just north of Nkhata and were a distinct population. They are a very different Yellow from other strains in that the Yellow is a uniform and consistant bright yellow covering all the body. Fins are distinct from Mbowe and similar strains. First had this strain 20 years ago -sold up and fortunately found the person who bought the originals and was able to buy some back. They have never been inter-bred with other Yellows and are quite amazing fish. Happy to provide further info - pm me if interested. Cheers