kbrookes

How are those WorX Planted LEDs working out?

.Just about to put my Christmas order in with the wife and a 120cm WorX LED is high on the list.

In the original announcement post [MENTION=2383]ageofaquariums[/MENTION] had mentioned they were setting up a planted tank with it - just wondering how it's coming along and what your thoughts are a couple of months down the line regarding its use in low-medium light planted tanks?

And from anyone else using them I'd be happy to hear about it...

We actually had to get some new tanks in, including a new reef. So as of now, havent had a chance to get one over a wet tank.

Space be limited in store. The plan is still there, we just have to finish playing tetris before we comit!

Have sold so many now, if you have a look around the various forums theres plenty of tank journals using them.

My interest though is captured by a rather indepth independant comparison of them being done on the AL forum.

That said though, I have only kept purple waffle alive in the long term...... by putting it into a pot and placing it on the veranda.

I have mine (36 inch) over three two footers end on. I have gertrudae and peacock gudeons in the centre tank, growing moss, val, lace plant and small water lillies, light has only been on the tank for 24 hrs but I love the colours. Will be buying another to spread the light front and back and then buying a 24 inch to convert my Juwel Lido to LED. Very happy.

2 foot deep is a fair amount of water to punch through in a planted tank.

That said val and java fern are rather low light plants, so you certainly wouldnt have any problems with them.

Most stems would do well as well.

Donny, I am thinking about putting an LED on my Juwel Lido 120, do you think the Aquazonic Miracle LED 60cm would be a better bet than the WorX from a plant point of view given the depth of a Juwel Lido ?

I hope they become a deal of the day item sometime soon, I really want to buy a few. One of the downside of getting a nice LED is it shows up all the crap you have been using before hand that you previously thought was da Bomb.

post-9141-14711633345929_thumb.jpg

Just though I'd show my 3x18x2, yea I've added a few extra plants but can still see some good growth. 6 hrs light per day for 3 months, worx led and fish waste only haha.

Cheers AOA