Just got home from Helidon, thought I'd set a trap on the way home to see what's around, I managed to get a couple of Glassies and then spent the next 2 hours trying to trap these, they were a sort of mottled creamy/ fawn colour with black stripes running vertically along the body. Anyone know what they were

Its the main creek, if you are coming from Gatton turn left on the road just before the on ramp for the warrego hw follow it till the end and turn right, then turn next left, its a hairpin turn then follow that about 1km till you come to the bridge. They are just off the beach part on the right hand side of the bridge. You can see them swimming around with some polarized glasses.

Which Creek at helidon? We need some live shark bait for Friday. They're a pest anyway

Debatable if they are a "pest". If they are then all species introduced for stocking - Silver Pearch, Yellowbelly and Barra are all also "pests" in areas outside their natural range. I agree with you - they shouldn't be there. However all these fish have been introduced through stocking programs sanctioned through Sunfish and the DPI! It is ridiculous. Sure maybe Barred were not given explicit permission but some hatchery and stocking society has done so anyway. What's even worse are the crossed Barred Grunters one hatchery allegedly produced and illegally released. Why is this stuff not prosecuted!? By the way Barreds rarely get to 20cm and in areas of their natural range stocks are actually depleted. It is also likely that the range of Barreds has and will expand naturally due to flooding and warmer waters. I would expect they could naturally make their way to the southern part of the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane eventually anyway. Not a great "pest" when compared to Gambusia or Tilapia. Wish Tilapis could be removed and used as bait!