.Looking for some advise :)

just looking to do some spawning for fun an see what i get

i have about 3-5 female goldfish (2yellow common, 1white an orange fan, 1white oranda, 1calico mix)

oranda an mix fan i am unsure about, have been chased but couldnt see egg drops

an have 4-5 males (2yellow common, 2calico mix fans, orand an white oranda)

was going to try spawn next year but noticed the 2 female commons being chased so thought why not.

Took them out into a shallow container of tank water then put 2 males in an done the fish by hand males first so water went cloudy then the females about 80-120 eggs each (small females already chased for a while)

eggs went white by the next day, is there anything else i can do next time?

If you are hand stripping, you need to dry fertilise as the micropyle on eggs will rapidly close on contact with water. So mix the milt and eggs before adding water.

If you use a 9% saline solution you can increase motility and effectiveness of milt. If you have large amounts of eggs, use a feather to stir before adding water/saline.

You will also have to spread eggs quickly before they become too sticky or they will clump. Onto shade mesh or mosquito screen for example.

Thanks the feather is a good idea so they dont crush. Does anyone have a link to a good video or descriptive page?

Should be a week or 2 before more chasing

When you spread them out how long till you put in the water? Or is it mix eggs an milt then spread out then straight in water on the screen?

Im used to egg laying cichlids that dont generally eat their own young lol