rainbowrunner

Pond Ideas - what to use?

.I have an assortment of bathtubs, spas, and fibreglass and plastic ponds designed for in ground use - all second hand. They are great for keeping toads out as long as they are not dug into the ground and the frogs love it.

What else do people use? Looking for ideas to keep it cheap or preferably free.

Things Ive seen

IBCs, Big Black Bunnings tubs, laundry tubs, a fibreglass dinghy, cut down water tank

IMG_0007small.jpg

11052401ppp.JPG

pondlillie1.jpg

post-12699-14711632771275_thumb.jpg

Was cheap on ebay sold as a 1000 litre stock trough for $100 but when I got there to pick it up the seller had found a leak and gave it to me for nothing. Soldering iron fixed the leak in 5 mins.

I also have a couple of plastic stock troughs (1000 litre and 3500 litre) - ebay bargains again.

Ive used concrete laundry tubs before, but you don't want to move em that for sure. I have a spare wheely bin which I might use, my only concern is that something that tall and narrow is going to catch a lot of sun and heat all the water up and then you also only have a small surface area to volume to contend with too. Not sure how it would go, I don't have a hell of a lot of shade where I keep ponds.

By the way if anyone is keen McDonalds Auctions at neon Street Sumner Park have what looks like a Six foot tank with stand up for sale, it should go cheaply. Sale is on Tuesday morning but you can view on a Monday too.

Lot Photos | McDonald Auctions