grubby

war declared on Gambusia.

nice work, lets hope it works.

then they can do the same for carp, tilapia, swordtails, platys and any other pest fish.

swordtails are in every creek i have ever put a box net in and in my opinion are just as bad as the gambusia.

and dont even get me started on the carp and tilapia.

i wonder if the same can be done with birds.

those indian myna's are the vermon of the sky and i dont think anyone is doing anything about them. filed into the too hard basket.

the myna's are in breeding season now and will kill anything nesting in a hollow so they can use the hollow to breed in for their own species.

countless australian species being killed by aggressive invaders in the trees as well as in the waters.

i guess one problem at a time.

Yes!!!!!!! I used to like them then found out they aren't "minnows" and are noxious and aggressive. Nasty buggers have filled our local lake. Who do I tell about them?

They are found throughout the state - and beyond. They can survive in virtually all waterways - fresh and brackish and are the 'cane toads' of the waterways. I did research on them decades ago that was on display at the QLD Museum at one stage. Long story short - when Gambusia are found the native population is greatly reduced or eliminated in small waterways. They are known to be throughout QLD so not really worth reporting - unless they are in an area which threatens endangered species.

Older thread I know but........ sell em ????? Lol

Gumtree: FOR SALE!!! 1000s of Eastern Gambusia Feeder/Aquarium fish.

Please view this ad:

FOR SALE!!! 1000s of Eastern Gambusia Feeder/Aquarium fish. ,

FOR SALE!!! 1000s of Eastern Gambusia Feeder⁄Aquarium fish. | Fish | Gumtree Australia Hume Area - Tullamarine | 1077994339

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

http://goo.gl/7NzhP

i wonder if the same can be done with birds.

those indian myna's are the vermon of the sky and i dont think anyone is doing anything about them. filed into the too hard basket.

the myna's are in breeding season now and will kill anything nesting in a hollow so they can use the hollow to breed in for their own species.

countless australian species being killed by aggressive invaders in the trees as well as in the waters.

i guess one problem at a time.

There is an Indian bloke somewhere in Australia who has come up with a really good way to deal with these guys . Apparently in India the Indian Myna Bird is endangered. farmers rely on them to kill pest insects as they cannot afford insecticide. He has suggested capturing Indian Mynas (which can be done) and instead of gassing them as has been the norm, crate em up and send em back to India where they are needed. I think its a great idea.

Myna problems

Indian Mynar Eradication Program | Official Site

Myna fightback › Nature Features (ABC Science)

They were close to solving the carp problem last year until the Federal government pulled the grant money. Less than $250k I believe so the CSIRO had to stop the research.

They were close to solving the carp problem last year until the Federal government pulled the grant money. Less than $250k I believe so the CSIRO had to stop the research.

Wait what???... Do you have the source for that information, I would like to read more about it. If that is the case the government has proven itself to be a total and utter disgrace (once again).

Saw a segment on Landline, I believe it was early this year. The CSIRO was working in partnership with an Americian research group and I believe they needed less than $50 k to finish their part of the research. Sounded crazy to me over such a small amount. Cheers