Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

richo_00

Dovii cichlids

Have you actually been there an seen the male? Or are you just going off this one photo? The male n female were both quality fish. Obviously in different lifhting there colours are different. Plus I dont think you can be to fussy on breeding with dovii thia bloke would be the only bloke in Queensland if not Australia that actually successfully breeds them.

Have you actually been there an seen the male? Or are you just going off this one photo? The male n female were both quality fish. Obviously in different lifhting there colours are different. Plus I dont think you can be to fussy on breeding with dovii thia bloke would be the only bloke in Queensland if not Australia that actually successfully breeds them.

Dude he is most defiantly not the only guy breeding them, Iv breed them as have heaps of other people, and as for being fussy about breeding stock, hell yes you should be fussy, why wouldn't you.

$30 a fry .... wow... you must of really wanted them. I sold fry for $10 each and they were still hard to move lol

I shipped fry no worries. It's not hard and very little risk if the fish are packed and prepared properly in the first place.

BTW, plenty have bred dovii in qld. A mate of mine who has my old pair has spawned them since I sold them to him. I thought they were quite easy to breed myself.

$30 a fry .... wow... you must of really wanted them. I sold fry for $10 each and they were still hard to move lol

I shipped fry no worries. It's not hard and very little risk if the fish are packed and prepared properly in the first place.

BTW, plenty have bred dovii in qld. A mate of mine who has my old pair has spawned them since I sold them to him. I thought they were quite easy to breed myself.

If you could get hold of this mate if be keen on buying good quality ones.... Lol. And I thought it was a bit weird when he wouldn't ship,the fry

Id suggest in the future maybe do some research n get some facts before commenting on peoples pages Dude.

What the hell are you talking about, I have done my research, that's why I pointed out that that male is **** tier quality, I'm sorry you drove 7 hrs and got crap, but maybe if you did your research instead of jumping on the fist thing and believing everything some one tells you to make a sale you may be In A better position.

Yeah when it comes to dovii lictoga knows his stuff I bought a male off him and so many peeps have commented he is a beautiful fish. to me from that photo I don't think the light could help that one it doesn't look very colorful at all and I can't see blue anywhere on the fins I think if your getting these fish u need quality because they live a long time and when bred right are a marvelous looking fish imo.

hey guys if any of you are after Dovii fry i have about 40 of them left i can do at a good price . they are about 4- 5 cm with a few bigger ones amongst them. they are starting to show green around their jaw line so they should colour up ok . i'm in N.S.W but will ship to the nearest airport at buyers expense. if anyone is interested just let us know :)

Noticed some great crossfire between members regarding Dovii. These are some of my favorite fish for sure. I can assure you that at least 2 breeders in Toowoomba other than me are knocking out good number of Dovii quality fry for the Aussie market. I was lucky enough 22 yrs ago to obtain a wild caught batch (the good old days before these government knobs came along). Now have 4 pairs of F1/2s etc. I couldn't be bothered breeding too much this year as I was working a lot. Noticed some F2's had fry the other day. They'll be ready by Apr for sale (4-5cm). I often drive up to Rocky, so if our Gladstone friends are still interested, I can drop some in. Picture of F2 male with bubs below him (tank is filthy - that's why the fry grew so fast).post-12000-14711632888363_thumb.jpg

post-12000-1471163288819_thumb.jpg

Noticed some great crossfire between members regarding Dovii. These are some of my favorite fish for sure. I can assure you that at least 2 breeders in Toowoomba other than me are knocking out good number of Dovii quality fry for the Aussie market. I was lucky enough 22 yrs ago to obtain a wild caught batch (the good old days before these government knobs came along). Now have 4 pairs of F1/2s etc. I couldn't be bothered breeding too much this year as I was working a lot. Noticed some F2's had fry the other day. They'll be ready by Apr for sale (4-5cm). I often drive up to Rocky, so if our Gladstone friends are still interested, I can drop some in. Picture of F2 male with bubs below him (tank is filthy - that's why the fry grew so fast).[ATTACH=CONFIG]59396[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59395[/ATTACH]

Please correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't clean water and regular water changes excel growth in fry? not filthy water?