.So still following the aftermath of a week away, the other juvie Albino oscar seems to be getting sick. He has began to lie on his side on top of the internal filter.

The first juvie albino oscar I came home to nearly dead has been separated and in a separate tank and is recovering and thriving - http://www.qldaf.com/forums/help-fish-health-diseases-water-quality-12/injured-oscar-help-please-again-116394/ (while I was gonna the third little albino had jumped). Family was looking after them while I was gone.

I got these three from the same store and had no problems for a couple of weeks by themselves. Then from the same store but two weeks after I got a normal tiger oscar of the same size. All four were fine all together for a few weeks, with the normal tiger asserting himself as leader but nothing overly aggressive. Then I left for a week and came home to what is described above ^

What happened?! Now the last healthy albino is looking sick, and I need help. What do I do? I put Melafix and aquarium salt in immediately when I saw his sores, which are on both sides.

post-11842-14711632810409_thumb.jpg

post-11842-14711632810108_thumb.jpg

Oscars are sooks. Is your water temp excessively high? Are you sure the newer Oscar isn't asserting itself more than you've noticed? Do you ahve hiding spots in the tank? The gills do not look good. Are the fish gasping in the tank?

No, actually just turned it down from 28 to 26, getting a digital thermometer on the weekend though, as the ambient air temperature was getting up to 30 degrees.

Not sure about before, but now with two left in the tank they are like best buddies, swimming next to eachother. I've got one piece of driftwood in, but that's probably not enough, good idea. And no, not gasping at all, surface water movement is great and there is an airstone bubbling away also.

Thanks for the replies [MENTION=8516]none[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5524]Daharkazangel[/MENTION]

They are about 6cm so they are in 40L small tank. It's just the two oscars of the same size and I am using an internal filter of 250-500L/h with foam and matrix [MENTION=6895]lgw[/MENTION]

I doubt it, I always use prime and it's in a visible spot too, so I always see it when I do the waterchanges.

No, actually just turned it down from 28 to 26, getting a digital thermometer on the weekend though, as the ambient air temperature was getting up to 30 degrees.

Not sure about before, but now with two left in the tank they are like best buddies, swimming next to eachother. I've got one piece of driftwood in, but that's probably not enough, good idea. And no, not gasping at all, surface water movement is great and there is an airstone bubbling away also.

Thanks for the replies @none and @Daharkazangel

Darken the tank for a few days. Oscars respond very well to salt. I would do a water change (if you haven't already), add salt and just monitor them for a few days. Gill Flukes can cause gills to get damaged but the treatments are very harsh and I wouldn't want to treat without knowing it's definately flukes. Furthermore flukes are naturally occuring and getting the water under control leads to improvement in itself. Just monitor them - looks for the obvious - white spot - and see how the go. Imported Oscars are often full of disease. By the time they get to the retailers tanks they often haven't been fed much for a month or two so that is a major stressor in itself.

Edited by none

With the recent weather they may have added more chlorine to the water (if you're using town water), so it may be worth double dosing after heavy rain.

I'm sure you're aware but I'll say it anyway, those oscars will grow rapidly and produce a lot of waste, they'll need a big upgrade shortly!