Brodie-S/A-C

Rocks to match TMS

.Hey guys i have a 6x3x700 high freshwater Central/South American cichlid tank. I currently have nearly 100kg of Tahitian moon sand in there. I have decorated with thank with some small driftwood pieces and a very large piece. I'm looking to change it around and put some large rocks in the tank. I only have some of that blue rock used for quarries and retaining walls and some brown rocks i collected from my uncles farm out west which i later found out contained fools gold and tin (now being used as door stoppers and paper weights).

So I'm looking for some pieces that would complement the sand and sand complement the rocks. Only one i could think of that would look nice is Texas holey rock but i don't want that to raise my Ph. So any idea's I would greatly appreciate.

Just go to your local landscaper, usaully have different types of large rock for edging-decoration ect. Also bunnings ect sometimes have decorative rock. Or if u want go texas holy rock, stands out brilliant against tms as it white.

Edited by cod
add info

All of the local landscape places will have a few to choose from mate, I got some rock from there and was a good price, I mixed this all in with the very old rock I got of a mates creek on his land.. Hope that helps

Edited by Bully
^^What he ^^ said!!

They look nice, but one of those things where i'd have to come in and check them out myself and i don't have a spare 4 hours up my sleeve. Might see if there is anything more local thanks for the idea

That one comes from Pisces so if LFS up your way deals with them they might be able to order it in for you.

I do like the white rock on black sand look.

If you wanted really big bits, and you can wait a bit for shipping.......... could check this stuff out

Holy Rock Products | Aquarium Tank | Universal Rocks

Otherwise we have some nice bits in stock.

I am growing to like light weight rocks....... not that I mind digging to the bottom of crates for the perfect bit of heavy stuff mind you.

Just the light stuff makes scaping deep tanks nice and easy, with no risk of scratching glass or crushin' fishys.