Buckshot

Angels breeding.

.My Angels laid eggs this afternoon and just wanting to get a rough idea of when they will hatch and then when they will become free swimming?

Also should I keep feeding the parents as normal and when do I need to start feeding the fry?

I'm assuming I need to feed them bbs when they are free swimming. Should I leave the parents in with them, or should I move the fry into a smaller tank? They are currently in a 60l tank.

So the Angels have bred again, last time the parents ate the eggs 2 days after they laid them the first time.

This time I took the parents out and treated the tank with "Wardley fungus-ade" the active ingredient is malachite green.

The eggs had a few white eggs amoungst them that I removed with a syringe sucking them up.

The babies have hatched and are wrigglers atm but where the eggs were seems to be going all white and fuzzy. He babes seem happy enough though.

Just wondering if I should be worried by the fungus looking fuzzy stuff? And if so can I do anything about it.

I have some fry food (powdered) and vinegar eels and also going to make some cooked egg yolk liquid that I will feed with a syringe once they are free swimming.

Any feed back would be much appreciated as I am a beginner when it comes to breeding fish.

Cheers Ryan

Hi buckshot Red here we are dedicated angel breeders if I may offer some words ! If the parents have already eaten past spawns they will continue eating , the best you can do is remove parents asap leave the spawn in the original tank and use an air stone in front just to get water movement not a waterfall just water movement . next use Bactonex or some other anti fungicide at the suggested rate ,brush up on your brinshrimp hatching skills as you wil need to feed 3 time a day. As the fry start to hatch after 2 days as they will live off egg yolk ,then they will need infusoria ( if your tank is planted this is a type of freshwater plankton and should be naturally occurring ) after that its brineshrimp al the way up to 6-8 weeks old ten on to frozen blackworm or anything they will eat. Things to becarefull of IF YOU DONT HAVE UNDERGRAVEL FILTERS FILTERS , nitrites ,ammonia , nitrates part water changes can kill more fry than anyone can breed. wE USE UNDERGRAVEL FILTERS AND KEEP THE ph AT 6.6 THIS INTURN DOES NOT ALOW THE NITRITES to get out of hand thus you do not need to do water changes at all in fact as long as the Ph is below 6.8 there is no ammonia ,nitrates or nitrites. Best of luck kind Regards Red .