Best layout i could come up with given the space available to me.

I think its a good plan for 9 square meters,

I have never built a sumped system before, so please feel free to comment in case i have not thought of something.

Black arrows indicate drainage flow. i will be running a tank outlet on the collection tank that drains outside just in case power fails.

post-12044-14711632837517_thumb.jpg

me too, but yeah I should have stated Im not criticising by any means, just stating what I have seen in many rooms & my own. & I know that eventually being cramped runs thin & you soon become over it. Set it up for easiness so even in the months when you don't feel like keeping fish anymore servicing the filters or tanks or fish is easy & your not cracking the ****s over it. just saying

I remember spitting the dummy in my first fish room because the gap between the tank tops and the next level was soooooooooo small it made catching fish out really annoying.

All fun and games until you need an order netted and packed......... and fastways is in the driveway beeping!

i have made sure there is plenty of handling room over the tanks.

i will be getting the first stage in and then before placing tanks on the second stage i will see how i go for room..... if it sucks, i will only put a 610mm wide rack instead of the 2 x 450mm racks in the center isle.

Was told off for entering the lounge room... and blocking off the back door.... lol.... so went back to the drawing board.

Going with Durso stand pipes through the aquarium base! now i have the full 650mm walkways! and figured out a better drainage system using 2 separate systems.

post-12044-14711632864232_thumb.jpg