grubby

WOW just been to Steve Baines's new shop

Called in the other day for a look, very impressed with quality of fish and changes to shop. will look impressive when you have completed your updates, good luck Steve and Edwin, hope you do well!!!!!

It's where Fishchicks used to be - he has taken over the shop, cleared out some stuff, changed up the stock a little. I was very impressed when I was there a couple of weeks ago. He is lovely to talk to - genuinely nice person.

The address is:17/478 Ipswich Road, Annerley QLD 4103.

I can't find a website at the moment - its possible there isn't one up yet.

Went in yesterday and i like very much what steve has done and the way it is going. About time someone has stocked a good range of Rainbows.

And his child minding service is particularly impressive

Haven't seen this advertised so I will give him a plug anyways... He will be having a huge sale on all Australian native/ Australian bred fish on Australia day this Monday. Will definitely be worth a look if you aren't too drunk to drive :)

I've dropped in recently and the tank displays, the incredible rainbows, and the clean tanks are a nice touch. I'll miss Jodie, but I think these guys have what it takes to make that business shine.

Spent nearly 3 hours in there a couple weeks ago having my mind blown by how much knowledge Steve has and his willingness to share it.

Also has some great looking fish with the best selection of rainbows I've seen around. Wil be going back maybe next week to pick some up.

Was in there myself this afternoon. Quite a few Australia Day specials. As usual the chat, laughs and customer service is great.

I mentioned this thread to Steve and Edwin, and they were well pleased.

One thing to note. The store is NOT OPEN ON AUSTRALIA DAY. That's what Steve told me today. If you want to double check, I suggest you call.

Or on Sundays

Saturdays and sundays are good days to open as most people have work and dont have the pleasure of visiting shops on weekdays.

They might be missing some opportunities on sundays if they are close.

Saturdays and sundays are good days to open as most people have work and dont have the pleasure of visiting shops on weekdays.

They might be missing some opportunities on sundays if they are close.

Everyone needs a day off mate! They are open on Saturday, I'm sure a lot of people can get there on the Saturday, and opening on Sunday would probably just spread Saturday's customers out over two days, and maybe add 10%, so from a shop owners point of view it wouldn't be viable. It's not like he get heaps of walk past customers!

I was there yesterday for my second visit, the fish he has there look awesome, all brightly coloured and happy looking. We got 12 black neons and will be going back next Saturday for some yo yo loaches. I loved the fish and chips too!!

Is there an interesting selection of plants or is it mostly the usual varieties?

How are the prices on livestock?

Will need to check it out since its close

LOVE HIM you can totally trust what he says, he isnt out to upsell and palm off stuff you dont need. He has been in the business for decades and if he doesnt know it, it not worth knowing :) Great shop, great advice, great prices and great guys !