Anthony93

Trying to breed flowerhorn for my first time

Hi Everyone. The past couple of days I've been keeping an eye on my flower horns to try breed.

Today I noticed both the male and female getting darker and the female starting to drop her egg tube.

I ended up taking the divider out at 2pm today and they have been kissing and holding lips, dancing showing off in front of each other and the Male occasionally has a nip at her but they have been getting along fine. She has been hiding away from him sometimes but then comes back out and shows off again. They have been pushing into the rocks and dancing but that's about it so far.

Is this normal and are they ok to be left together over night and how long does it normally take to lay eggs if she's ready. My first time breeding so need some info please thanks

Hi everyone.

Update on the pair.

This is my male and female flowerhorn that I dividered apart to try and pair them up to breed.

I knew the basics of breeding flowerhorns at the time but as I am a newbie and haven't bred flowerhorns before, I started reading up on floerhornfun forum and saw Den's posts about keeping the divider in and leaving a small gap at the bottom. I thought about trying Den's theory at the time but I decided I would let them go with no divider since they were getting along great. After a couple of nights together they were still doing fine.

Yesterday afternoon when i started noticing that her egg tube had dropped all the way down but still no eggs, I decided to take Den's advice and put the divider back in with the gap at the bottom.

We headed out for the night to go look at Christmas lights. When we came back home after about 4hrs, we found that she had finally laid her eggs.

I have now put the divider down to seperate them off for the female to look after the eggs.

Because they are both still young, I'm hoping that the male will be fertile and I get a successful batch from them.

I have just a few questions to ask that I am not sure of-

How long until you can tell that eggs have been fertilised?

If the eggs are fertilised how long does it take for them to hatch?

Thank you for reading and look forward to getting your responses.

Anthony

post-7574-14711632858924_thumb.jpg

post-7574-14711632859117_thumb.jpg

post-7574-14711632859267_thumb.jpg