So i just did a clean of my tank and installed my new external filter. My tank is 122x36x48cm roughly and 182lt the filter i got filters 2200ltrs per hour so is more then enough for my tank. I currently have 10 neon, 3 black widow tetras, 5 silver tips and 2 angel fish. Everyone gets along great but I wanted to add maybe 2 more species but I can't decide what! Please help!

i see you said that you mentioned you installed a new external filter. has this new external filter been cycled?

if not i wouldnt be adding anything new until this external filter has been cycled properly. maybe a month or so before the good bacteria takes hold.

those neons will also make great snacks for the angels, if not straight away but eventually the angels will eat them.

Edited by TED

Before adding another species I would build the numbers in your tetra schools. I like a minimum of 6 and prefer 10 of a tetra species.

I would consider adding a school of red phantoms, black phantoms or lemon tetra. Lemon tetra are one of my favourite tetra if the pH is right.

I am keeping in the south American theme here, and suggest adding a pair of nanacara anomala, great dwarf cichlid and quite hardy.

the bala sharks grow quite large and will pick off the tetras like you have already seen.

im not up to speed with all my tetras but im getting there and it sounds like there are already people helping you out on that front.

the angels will also grow to a decent size and will also smash up the tetras.

maybe try some appistogrammas or some other sort of dwarf cichlid or maybe even some rainbows.

A friend is selling their tank the exact same as mine so I'm thinking about buying it and moving all tetras into that tank and add to the different types. So that takes the tetras out of the other tank. so I've read some very conflicted feedback on keeping gouramis with angels?

Some say it works as long as you have 1 male to 2 or 3 females? Some say it just doesn't work? I really love the gold gouramis.