Obeice

Fish room expansion

So finally finished building the stand today for the new rack. The rack is 16ft long with 3 tiers. Top and middle levels are going to hold 8 4x2x18 tanks, bottom level is going to hold 9 2x15x18 tanks and a 5x18x18 sump. Tanks are getting built by Mick at pacific pines. Tomorrows mission is to paint the rack and install the air header.

I will keep you guys up to date with the build as it progresses.

post-11967-14711632872588_thumb.jpg

post-11967-14711632872757_thumb.jpg

post-11967-14711632872907_thumb.jpg

So finally finished building the stand today for the new rack. The rack is 16ft long with 3 tiers. Top and middle levels are going to hold 8 4x2x18 tanks, bottom level is going to hold 9 2x15x18 tanks and a 5x18x18 sump. Tanks are getting built by Mick at pacific pines. Tomorrows mission is to paint the rack and install the air header.

Get rid of those nasty Africans mate, Yanks would look lovely there.

No rest for the wicked mate looking good can't wait to see her set up and running

nice work bud. goin to have to get the welder out myself and knock up a more energy efficient setup before next winter

I've just insulated my garage door, and installed a split system air con plus sumped all the tanks made a world of difference to the hip pocket.

Looks good.

Will the sump hold enough flow back ??

Can't wait to see it with tanks on it.

I've enlisted the help of Mick (tank builder) to sort the sump out he wanted to do a 5x18x18 but i can't quiet fit that in so we have had to go back to a 4ft sump.

sigh :( Maybe one day i will get to see your set up ;)

Maybe 1 day mate, in the early days i let people but i started getting far too many people over tracking through my house as you can imagine the wife wasn't very pleased. Once i have finished setting it up properly i will start letting people in again atm i have crap lying everywhere, air lines strung up dangling everywhere lol

Got the stand painted and took it home a couple days ago, was some crazy transporting but i only had to go 3 streets to my place so did a calculated risk and worked out i should get away with it haha!!

Picked up the new tanks today from Mick ( [MENTION=9570]toad34[/MENTION] ) thanks again mate supurb tanks as always.

post-11967-14711632910639_thumb.jpg

Having drama uploading photos will load the others later.

New tanks are pretty aren't they.

Yes they are, they beat ised tanks everyday ha!!

I can't wait to see this build. James you don't do things by halves eh! Lol

I know right, takes up so much time getting 1 this big running but it's worth it... been saving for a while to do it in 1 hit, this will take up the last spare wall in my garage.