fishfriendzzz

Boss Booster shrimp food

Hi.

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with Boss Aquaria's Boss Booster shrimp food? I have only recently come across it and am curious on something. The packaging doesn't list the full ingredients, mentioning only Beta-G, colostrum and yeast. There is a very noticible garlicish flavor burst additionly. What has me particularly curious is the feeding directions. Rather than a typical, as much as is consumed in several minutes type instruction, the directions read: 1 spoon per 100L, 1-2 times a week. The spoon is included. These directions to me read more like dosing directions than feeding directions. Given the strong aroma of garlic and more, could there be toxicity exceeding stated levels? The actual spoon is microscopicly small leader me to wonder on overdosing smaller shrimp tanks.

I use the Boss Aquaria products and cant fault any of them. From my understanding the Boss Booster is an additive more than a food. As normal water doesn't contain vital minerals etc this additive heaps add them to keep your shrimp happy and healthy. If you have any concerns just drop an email to Jay thru the Boss Aquaria and I beleive he would be more then happy to answer your query.

It seems to make sense Boss Booster being more additive than food, cheers warren. Just the pungancy alone would make me reluctant to use as a staple. I guess the main thing i keep coming back to is that if the tiny teany weeny spoon does 100L, trying to add to say a 4L tank, is somewhat haphazard unless say mixing with water, micro measuring and so on. If less accurate measurements aren't critical though, I'm more inclined to eye ball it. Cheers for your input! :D

Hi guys, yes I'm the creator of Boss Booster & sorry if I'm a little weary of putting all the ingredients on the pack, last thing I want is someone ripping off my work. You are correct [MENTION=12417]fishfriendzzz[/MENTION] it does have garlic in it as it is a natural immunity booster that helps to increase resistance to disease. It's has been created to boost both immunity in shrimp & the bacterial content in your tank, this will provide a source of live food for your shrimp & therefore a source of protein. It's is designed as a supplement to normal feeding, I created Shrimp Crack as a everyday staple food & this is to be used in conjunction with it. The dosage is safe to be more than tripled as I have tested it as an everyday food by using 1 spoon on an 8L tank each day & they've gobbled it all up quite nicely with no losses or changes to WP, I've also tested it on natives with great results. Please feel free to ask any more questions as I'll be more than happy to answer them, make sure you tag me as I'm not on here as much as I used to be,

Cheers Jay :mrgreen:

Hi Jay. Many thanks for your reply and for clarifying things. I can certainly understand not wanting to give the secret sauce away on the packaging. The concept of natural immune booster is a great one, particularly in preference to synthetic ones. I can't say I've being using Boss Booster long enough to notice differences but doubtless they will come. It is reassuring to know I'm not overdosing 4 and 20 liter tanks using part of a spoon a couple times a week. I don't exactly know how it could be worded but can I suggest some elaboration as to usage on the packaging? It seems as though there should be a measured amount, as if medicating. With many people seeming to have smaller than 100L shrimp tanks, it may avoid some confusion. I haven't tried Shrimp Crack yet (love the name btw! lol), thought I have tried Shrimp Snow. I've been particularly impressed with how it doesn't cloud the water, not that it generally last long enough to have the chance! It amazes me how far so little goes! I'll be sure to look into Shrimp Crack more next opportunity I get!

Thanks for your time and reply, and hard work developing these products. Its always great when someone looks at things from a different perspective! :D

Edited by fishfriendzzz