ryang

Cobalt Blue Sunken Belly

Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing 3 out of 6 of my cobalt blues now have a sunken belly, it was only 1 fish 2 days ago.

Today ive just dosed the entire tank with a anti parasite product, ive also soaked some food in a diluted mixture of the anti parasite and fresh garlic water. Ill feed the tank this over the coming days.

The other fish I have (6 Dragons blood peacocks, 8 Saulosi, 2 pleco's) have shown no sign at all of this.

As it was more then a single fish ive put the 2 pleco's in my hospital tank so I could give them a half dose of the medication due to their skin (as per full dose for the scaled fish)

I have read plenty of other posts on here but just wondering if you guys have experienced parasites targeting a single species, or its likely to eventually take the entire tank.

Also if you have any further suggestions id love to hear them.

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm experiencing 3 out of 6 of my cobalt blues now have a sunken belly, it was only 1 fish 2 days ago.

It takes time for fish to get sunken bellies so it is hard to understand how it could happen in just two days. Fish can not be fed for two weeks and if well fed prior will not get overly sunken bellies so I'd suggest putting up a photo. Parasites do not discriminate although certain species are more susceptible. Cobalts are a hardy fish. Are you sure this isn't an aggression related issue..