Daharkazangel

Anyone use Hikari Carnivore AND Massivore? Better one?

Hi guys, long time.

Looking at buying some bulk amounts of food as my fish are creeping up and over the 12 inch mark. Im using so many 250g packs that I def think its time I buy in kilos or larger. I have three Oscars, two plecos some americans and some $$$. I currently mainly use Hikari gold large, food sticks and fresh vegies. Aiming for something larger, so looking at massivore and carnivore. Seen the carnisticks but with the price, I might just stay with the small food sticks.

Anyone use both carni and massivore, and what one is the better pellet (fish more attracted to etc)

Should I just buy both lol?

:blabla:

I use both :) fish arent more attracted to one or the other but it's good to have some floating (carnistick) and some sinking (massivore). Note the massivore are quite large sturdy pellets... Probably will still be a bit big for a 12cm oscar... Although they will certainly try :P i started using it when my peacock bass were around 15cm and they had to let them soften a bit first.

All fish are showing nice colours though :) but i also feed them prawns, bassa fillet, nls, brine shrimp, blood worms and various fruit n veg :P

Come on Angel - get metric...lol

there is only two ingredients different between the Hikari Massivore and the Carnivore Pellets so it is more a pellets size issue more so than anything and if they will take the larger size which I am sure they will would be the way to go.

On the down side Hikari Massivore will be experiencing stock shortages in most shops in the 1kg pack. The Australian supplier is not due to receive more stock until February. The 380g size is not affected and stock should be available at most places.

FWIW a long story short, I tested both with my L134's and they went for the massivore over the carnivore to the point they were leaving the carnivore alone. They know within 30 seconds of it being dropped in the tank and come out for it.

Ooops 12 inches hahahha my bad xD

Ps [MENTION=6988]th3f0rg0t3n[/MENTION] not only when wet even if you just leave them open!! I have a tank in my bedroom and keep them in maxi pails... Even if i leave a slight gap the whole room smells like rotten meat, the misses does not approve.

Pps your username is too damn hard to spell

There is a hikari koi pellet that is pretty much the same as hikari gold and it comes in 5kg bags. By far the cheapest option. Either fish junkie or tech den can tell u which one it was as i cant remember. And ur oscars dont need any larger than cichlid gold large floaters. Just cos they eat them like peanuts does not mean they are too small. I have fed 6-16" oscars solely on the large floater and my last breeder passed of old age, 11, at 16"

Edited by ronny

Other than the Large Goldfish Koi is fractionally larger than the Hikari Cichlid Gold Large - Same ingredients - Same Guaranteed Analysis.

Gold Goldfish and Koi 5kg $165 or $8.25 per 250 grams

Gold Cichlid 250g $11.95 per 250g

You will save 30% by getting the 5kg pack.

That is also not taking into consideration your QLDAF discount either...

KH02482-2.jpg

There is a hikari koi pellet that is pretty much the same as hikari gold and it comes in 5kg bags. By far the cheapest option. Either fish junkie or tech den can tell u which one it was as i cant remember. And ur oscars dont need any larger than cichlid gold large floaters. Just cos they eat them like peanuts does not mean they are too small. I have fed 6-16" oscars solely on the large floater and my last breeder passed of old age, 11, at 16"

I like that, like peanuts :')