grubby

My new 300 litre pond from Masters for $25 !!!!

Was at the new Masters at Richlands yesterday getting some DIY stuff and noticed these little beauties. 300 litre plastic garden pots reduced from $69 to $30. I got mine for $25 bucks as the rim was scuffed. Just need to plug up the bottom and she is good to go as a breeding pond for natives. 90 cm dia by 64 cm deep. They have plenty of them, just a pity they are closed today if you are chasing one. Great thing is they will hold there shape unlike the 200 litre black Bunnings bins that I currently use.

post-3726-14711632896042_thumb.jpg

post-3726-14711632895906_thumb.jpg

Was at the new Masters at Richlands yesterday getting some DIY stuff and noticed these little beauties. 300 litre plastic garden pots reduced from $69 to $30. I got mine for $25 bucks as the rim was scuffed. Just need to plug up the bottom and she is good to go as a breeding pond for natives. 90 cm dia by 64 cm deep. They have plenty of them, just a pity they are closed today if you are chasing one. Great thing is they will hold there shape unlike the 200 litre black Bunnings bins that I currently use.

Nice find Grubby. I believe Masters is open today until 6pm - just check out your nearest store hours before you go. I might pop down there myself.

Actually I lied, I just checked the bottom of this pot and it says 260 litres not 300 as I initially calculated. Still a bloody good pond for the money. I just went to masters to get some BBQ gas, there aint too many of these pots left. Better hurry people, the race is on.

Wow they didn't last long, I just popped into Masters Richlands to get some stuff and noticed that all the pots were gone, bar one which was scuffed up, so I got it for $10 off :clap2: I converted mine over the weekend, siliconed up the bottom, drilled the rim and 3/4 covered it in shade cloth. Its has water lilies, nardoo fern and java moss in it. Now all I need is something to put in it, might get up early 2morrow and go to Bribe and see if I can find some Rhads.

Did anyone manage to pick a pot up at all for pond conversion ?