Wild Aulonocara

how long will it take to cycle 15,000 L ?

Thats alot of water ! assuming you are referring to a nitrogen cycle ? .

If it was me I would be cycling all the media using a fish less cycle with ammonia .

I have cycled media plenty of times using ammonia , a fast clean and effective method .

You can achieve an ammonia spike immediately and control amount .

Just use a wheelie bin, large tub or pond with a good flow rate and plenty of aeration .

The major benefit of this method is that media will pretty much be fully colonized and be able to handle a large bio load .

Think they more saying they don't know what he's talking about markfnq, he hasn't mentioned filter or sump or media or if it a tank or a pond or what cycle is he talking about eg cycle water through sump/cycle water through nitrogen cycle/cycle air through air pump/cycle water through RO unit..... If you want people to help you it will help to give them info to work with.

Live on the edge just buy enough quickstart to do 15,000ltrs maybe a little more dump it in and add fish this method has work for me on a 3500ltr rack and a 1200ltr rack both times with brand new media and never had a drama... I'm kinda impetient though haha!!

Live on the edge just buy enough quickstart to do 15,000ltrs maybe a little more dump it in and add fish this method has work for me on a 3500ltr rack and a 1200ltr rack both times with brand new media and never had a drama... I'm kinda impetient though haha!!

This scares me too much. Is this the plan for the new rack build? :eek:

Or go to your lfs and ask for a start out of there sump will speed thing up safely

Doing it with well use media shouldn't take more than a day or to if you got a big enough turn over,

But as said before get a test kit, throwing a few goldfish in will help too

This scares me too much. Is this the plan for the new rack build? :eek:

Hahaha... You know it, i'm far to inpatient to wait for cycling, plus it's worked everytine for me so why change it... The thing i left out was i only fed them very very lightly once every sexond day for the 1st 2 weeks.

Hahaha... You know it, i'm far to inpatient to wait for cycling, plus it's worked everytine for me so why change it... The thing i left out was i only fed them very very lightly once every sexond day for the 1st 2 weeks.

man, i seriously wish you luck... I love that this works for you but am worried for you at this same time... because one day it is gunna suck and ****'s gunna hit the fan D=

man, i seriously wish you luck... I love that this works for you but am worried for you at this same time... because one day it is gunna suck and ****'s gunna hit the fan D=

Hahaha 1 day maybe, but out dated text books were ment to be tested and re written, haha

Are you sure that's right??? I have an 8 and a half x3ft x3ft tank which holds around 1600 ltrs. Your 15000 ltrs is almost ten times that...that's like a small swimming pool.

It's for a grow out system, i'm building the stands for him. It's definitely 15,000 ltrs.