maniacyosh 1986

saratoga with my americans?

didnt work for me. my americans (blackbelt, reddevil, synpillun, trimac?, coatz) beat up and stress out a jardini and leichardti. They are all adult size though. Only survivor on my small colony is the "poor man's arowana", which they refrain from touching.

Haha cause the bloke who is advertising them said I couldn't cause it would kill my americans.... guess I'll give it a shot. How quick do they grow?

That is very possible to, Saratoga are freaking relentless when they decide they don't like someone...if you want it in a community I definitely recommend getting a leichardti and not a Jardini. And don't feed them live food :)

Comes down to the individual fish. My 40cm Jardini beats the crap out of my 35cm Pbass.

All you can do is throw it in and see how they go.

How big is the Toga and is it a Jar or Lie?

I have had friends pull it off long term but most raised them or selected a very placid one.

I have seen Jardini kept with discus before for quite some time so they defently are not all war machine and can work in odd mixes just depends on the individual fish imo.

Hi I'm new to this whole forum stuff and I don't even know how to create a new topic just wanted some advice. I have synspilum in my tank at the moment and was wondering what other cichlids I could put in there with them that they wouldn't kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I'm new to this whole forum stuff and I don't even know how to create a new topic just wanted some advice. I have synspilum in my tank at the moment and was wondering what other cichlids I could put in there with them that they wouldn't kill

Plastic ones.

Really you need to mix syns when they are small if you're going to have success, they less likely to accept others as they grow, generally.

I got a 30 cm synspilum male and he is fine with all my fish. He is the boss but leaves everyone alone. Mind you if you don't have an 8 foot long tank I wouldn't recommend a mix of big americans. When I had my 6×2×2 my devil was mean as. Got an 8×2×2 all of them are placid. Space is the key factor

I got a 30 cm synspilum male and he is fine with all my fish. He is the boss but leaves everyone alone. Mind you if you don't have an 8 foot long tank I wouldn't recommend a mix of big americans. When I had my 6×2×2 my devil was mean as. Got an 8×2×2 all of them are placid. Space is the key factor

I have 4 synspilums not sure how to tell their sex they all get along well, they aren't fully grown yet e42cf9d0665368bbf32715e78c51dbd5.jpg that's one of them. This is my tank what do you reckon 10e4338f6a17d06a2a5a72d20cf3ef27.jpg

Blood bath lol Nah a bit on the small side being a 4 foot ? For any americans I recommend at least 2 feet wide as they will grow to 25 - 50 cm depending species/sex. They are really young. Here's my male

Lol dammit, might need to upsize my tank. Nice cichlids you got there, can't wait for mine to get that big!

Cheers man. Tanks really cloudy as i have just added the holey rocks cause been having some dramas with my ph. Yeah can't wait till my festae and jag are big boys too!! My festae is about 8-9 inches and my jag is around 6 to 7. I just got a gt that's only about 4 inches and he's cool. My fav in the tank right now is my paratilapia polleni. He is about 8 inches and absolutely stunning. Pretty tough fish too!!