xysti53

Qah auction date changed to 14th feb

If she loved you completely she would understand (oh i'm only joking)

Maybe you could "treat" her to a fish sales show, with dinner (sausage sizzle) and some fancy fizzy drink (coke) with a posh coffee near the end of the night (aldi pod) topped off with the honour of spending the whole night with you LOL

Thats valentines day :( my partner is not gunna let me choose fish over her again :(

Its all about compromise - Spend the first half of the day doing what she would like to do and the second half doing what ever you want to do...See ya at the Auction...lol

Its all about compromise - Spend the first half of the day doing what she would like to do and the second half doing what ever you want to do...See ya at the Auction...lol

Bahaha so i couldnt get a reservation at jamie olivers new restaurant so now we r going the night after ;) not brave enough to ask if we can still go the auction though :P

Bahaha so i couldnt get a reservation at jamie olivers new restaurant so now we r going the night after ;) not brave enough to ask if we can still go the auction though :P

You do not have to be brave enough to ask. Print out the details about the Auction - Circle it and stick it on the fridge - you will not have to bring up a thing...

Prepare prepare prepare...

The question will come and will be along the lines of - You want to go to the auction on Valentines Day?

and the answer needs to be along the lines of -

Oh that is so sweet of you, I didn't want to ask being Valentines day but that is such a nice thing for you to do for me, know wonder you are the best girlfriend/wife ever, I love you and give her a big kiss and a hug. <this has to be done without her being able to get a word in edge wise, its your best chance...and hard for her to come back from....remember planning is everything...lol

You do not have to be brave enough to ask. Print out the details about the Auction - Circle it and stick it on the fridge - you will not have to bring up a thing...

Prepare prepare prepare...

The question will come and will be along the lines of - You want to go to the auction on Valentines Day?

and the answer needs to be along the lines of -

Oh that is so sweet of you, I didn't want to ask being Valentines day but that is such a nice thing for you to do for me, know wonder you are the best girlfriend/wife ever, I love you and give her a big kiss and a hug. <this has to be done without her being able to get a word in edge wise, its your best chance...and hard for her to come back from....remember planning is everything...lol

Challenge accepted... Ya'll better be putting on a mighty fine auction ;) i spose i will have to buy her some fish :P

I know how you feel Tristan

Valentines Day is also my wedding Anniversary.

How do you think I will get on with my wife? :rant:

Graeme

your wife will be pleased to see the back end of you for the day so its a win win all round

If they are priced right they will sell. Last time at Caboolture I was surprised what people were paying for 333's etc. If your reserve is street price, you might struggle to sell them on the day.

Are ebjd's allowed to be sold at the auction ?

I know there is abit of a debate on them being a hybrid and what not...

If they are allowable id be keen on putting a few up this auction

Are ebjd's allowed to be sold at the auction ?

I know there is abit of a debate on them being a hybrid and what not...

If they are allowable id be keen on putting a few up this auction

They are allowed to be sold

FJ

when do the seller get the money from the sale- less of 15% commission? straight after the fish has sold or only after the auction is finished? I was told auction can run past the midnight easily? Thanks

Graeme does a fantastic job sorting out the sellers money as quick as he can. I would put as a guess that he normally has your money ready within about half an hour after your fish have all been auctioned. Keep in mind that the people running these auctions are volunteers who kindly give up their time and work hard to make these auctions happen without being paid anything for it.

Keep in mind that the people running these auctions are volunteers who kindly give up their time and work hard to make these auctions happen without being paid anything for it.

Not having a go at anybody here, not saying its right or wrong, but lets not misrepresent things. The volunteers and club members do get certain privileges on the night. So while you are correct that they don't get paid, you fail to clarify that they are compensated to a certain degree in other ways and this has been quite clearly stated in the past.