xysti53

Qah auction date changed to 14th feb

Not having a go at anybody here, not saying its right or wrong, but lets not misrepresent things. The volunteers and club members do get certain privileges on the night. So while you are correct that they don't get paid, you fail to clarify that they are compensated to a certain degree in other ways and this has been quite clearly stated in the past.

Whoa! They get free food and drinks. I guess we'll see an influx of volunteers now that people know this!

C'mon, in reality, they get nothing for giving up their time from 2pm to midnight.

So I will stand by what I have said.

Whoa! They get free food and drinks. I guess we'll see an influx of volunteers now that people know this!

C'mon, in reality, they get nothing for giving up their time from 2pm to midnight.

So I will stand by what I have said.

Without getting into a debate, it is known that any auction lots they have will have priority over others (ie at the start of the auction and not the end). Given comments in the past, this is indeed considered quite valuable in itself.

Nothing is stopping anyone who wants to volunteer for 10 hours to receive the same very basic bonuses that these kind people deservedly get.

Last QAH auction we sold at, we received a letter very early in the alphabet, and we've never volunteered at a QAH auction, so go figure.

Nothing is stopping anyone who wants to volunteer for 10 hours to receive the same very basic bonuses that these kind people deservedly get.

Last QAH auction we sold at, we received a letter very early in the alphabet, and we've never volunteered at a QAH auction, so go figure.

Thanks for agreeing with my point which I will point out goes against your previous statements you stood by. You call them "bonuses", I refered them to "privileges" - not sure whether you see that as a difference?

I don't think anything needs to be added. As I said in my first post, not saying its right or wrong and I find it more interesting what people choose not to say at the time than what they do say.

Club member or not if you help out you get the same as a paid member

That in itself could be wrong but I've never heard a member of any club whinge about it

The more you put in to a club the more you get out member or not

So get off your keyboard and help out if you want the same

Or do nothing and just keep posting on here

FJ

As usual, what was said gets twisted into something its not.

Didn't realise such a simple truth would get people so defensive [MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=316]PeterJ[/MENTION]

As usual, what was said gets twisted into something its not.

Didn't realise such a simple truth would get people so defensive [MENTION=1584]Fish Junkie[/MENTION] and [MENTION=316]PeterJ[/MENTION]

Mine is also the truth ?

FJ

It's a bit hard when you keep on about it lol.

German or Wild caught apisto's may make this hermit leave his man cave.

hang on did you forget about the sausage though?

To qualify as auction staff you MUST be a member of QAH or a volunteer and you must work a minimum of 3 hours at the auction.

This includes setup back stage work, auctioneers, pencilling, lot distribution or helping in the canteen.

As workers for the auctions usually start at 1.00 – 2.00pm and work through to 1.00 – 2.00am having to put in just 6 hours is dead easy.

Most volunteers put in 10 – 12 hour