Rastinger62

10x3x2.5 African Display Tank

That's a fair size fish you have there, just concerned if my lot come from the same source since I had been scrutineering my batches and all pretty good so far.

It came from perth if that helps. I'm glad I know I have plenty of good Caeruleus fry growing out and it's not this bloodline. It's still a shame I missed out on a spilo for my tank though and at present not buying from interstate just for the display. It's had enough $$$'s spent on it lately lol

Yeah I've never actually owned any Lithobates before but I know it's going to be a quality fish as it's originally one of Doug's fry which he bred [MENTION=57]DFishkeeper[/MENTION] but brought through another person at this size.

I've taken the mirrorball male out of the display and into a 6x2x2 and brought 30 @ 6 - 8cm so hopefully get heaps of girls out of them and hopefully. I'll add in around 5 spare males into the display.

You'll find with the lithobate males James that their colour is very mood dependant. With those other very large haps in the tank, your 10cm lithobate may not feel comfortable enough to colour up much initially.

Hi James,

If you don't mind, where did you get the Placidochromis phenochilus "Tanzania" juv from? I am in Melbourne and it is extremely hard to get some. Would love to get a small colony of 15 to start with.

Thanks in advance

Mat

[MENTION=11416]riceball[/MENTION]. I got them from a seller on the gold coast and did tell him about shipping but he isn't set up for that and he is a long way from the airport. I told him people are screaming for them interstate but didn't seem that interested.

I brought all his fry so I can create a nice colony for the future with the two different bloodlines so eventually I'll ship fry interstate but that is a while away yet.

[MENTION=11416]riceball[/MENTION]. I got them from a seller on the gold coast and did tell him about shipping but he isn't set up for that and he is a long way from the airport. I told him people are screaming for them interstate but didn't seem that interested.

I brought all his fry so I can create a nice colony for the future with the two different bloodlines so eventually I'll ship fry interstate but that is a while away yet.

I'd be keen a some to mate haha, not easy to find

Actually, come to think about it there was a guy in perth that stated he would have fry available in a month or so as I was asked the same question you guys are asking me from another member in perth. You will need to check out my thread of my 10x3x2.5 on pcs (perth Cichlid society). Unsure regarding shipping though. Cheers

Your a bit far away [MENTION=11416]riceball[/MENTION] to send a few excess males to which is a shame. Once I have fry and by any chance your still looking I'll me more then happy to ship fry down to you but it's gotta be $150 + or it's really not worth my while shipping. Cheers

Your a bit far away [MENTION=11416]riceball[/MENTION] to send a few excess males to which is a shame. Once I have fry and by any chance your still looking I'll me more then happy to ship fry down to you but it's gotta be $150 + or it's really not worth my while shipping. Cheers

How's about me ?? I'm a little closer hahaha

Yeah mate your dead right there so my plans of growing out fry wasn't possible as certain species can't be found so you got to take what you can get. I'm collecting 4 more adults today. Polystima, venustus, champ trout and spilo. I'm really looking forward to add heaps of buccochromis Lepturus and Rhoadesii which I'm growing out atm. They will look awesome in there