rosequoll

Shifting fish from pond to tank (with water), need help (in Southside BNE)

Will be (at some point soon) needing to shift fish and water (about 700 litres I'd like to save) out of a 2 metres pond, remove the pond, place a large tank and new sump in it's place (7x3x2) and then move the water and fish back into the new tank.

Going to be a big project and I need something to hold the water and the fish while I do the move. Fish are:

3 large 7-spot archers

3 primitive archers

2 bass

1 large raphael catfish

2 snakehead gudgeons

2 lungfish

+ 600-700 litres of water

(just to illustrate that something shallow like kiddy pools wont work)

Only need the large container for one day (hopefully can get it all done in a 1/2 day) but not keen to go buy an IBC for one use.

Welcome to any suggestions, happy to pay someone for their time and assistance.

Would he bestly reccomnd getting a cheap secnd hand ibc and running your filters from this while setting up the new tank... The fish will be more than happy in there for a few days even. Dont want to be rushed when moving a big tank like that.

A member here might be able to lend you one though... Especially since it concerns those precious lungfish.

IBC is likely the way to go. I've sent an email off to someone who used to sell IBC's for about $100, but I know they're clean and ready to go. Just means I'll have to store an IBC when I'm done, but not such a bad thing I guess; they're always useful. =)

Still more than happy to borrow and pay someone for the assistance if available. I'm sure an extra few hands on the day will be a good thing when trying to get everything level on a very un-level foundation.

Plus I'm happy to pay someone else to help wash 60 kg of sand. YUCK.

Two would absolutely do the trick. About 400 litres each, yeah? Obviously IBC might be best (all the water in one place and a bit bigger for all the fish to fit, only run one filter, etc) but if that falls through I will take you up on that offer.

Tank order has just been done and I haven't put a rush on it. Probably in the next month or so. Thank you!

I would! But I had a very....lovely....day today...

My ute, who has served me faithfully since 2008 finally died today. There was a great and terrible noise, and a great and terrible silence and now I officially own NO CAR.

Buggerit.

I'll have to look at buying an IBC and paying for delivery. Thanks anyways guys!