jesse

fish for 80 litre tank

I posted yesterday about some fish for a 2ft tank and I was suggested to get some spotted blue eyes but I think I ma be getting alitte bigger around 80-100 litre and wanting it to be semi planted I love the look of some of the rainbows I have seen but am unsure of the names. Would you guys recommend having rainbows in a tank like this? if so what species? It is going to be a display tank so wanting a lot of colour. Thank :)

Jesse

That's it's really 80 liters is only a 2 foot tank. I'd go 4 foot 18x20 which is what I started with when I got into rainbows and now got a 4x3x2. At least you'll be able to get some decent size rainbows. Boesemani, Goyder River, Lacustris, Salmon Red, there's plenty out there have a look around, most of them are hard to get. Hope this helps

Suitable for an 80L tank: McCullochi, various Blue Eyes, Rhads, Threadfins (If you are careful what you mix them with)., if you go PNG there are several options in dwarf varieties as well. Key is low stocking density for Rainbows in a small tank.