Awesome fish, just with the huge variety of different fish you can go... Why go for a black and white one?

In all seriousness they dont deserve the wrap they get, i have seen one around the 15cm mark, but rarely do people keep them to the extent of raising them to adult size (other than the hardcore cryptoheros/archocentrus fans) cough cough grubby cough

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder...there is a few "rare" species about that don't float my boat...;)

Males should be very blue with yellow/red/orange fins

post-353-14711632995303_thumb.jpg

Are they really here?

Who has them?

I'd like a pair or 2!

I reckon looking at the Redpoints colours compared to my Sajica/convict cross. My girls fins are greeny yellow. The Redpoint have are more blue. I suspect that HRPs are probably the result of a union between Spillurus and convicts populations in an isolated area or a geographic overlap. Similar to what we find in Rainbow fish populations. Yesterdays hybrid in nature is tomorrows new species or colour morph at least.

Really, who, where. Don't care would love to add them to my collection.

Have been offered them from 3 sources now. Bloke in Townsville is breeding them; they are in Sydney and in WA. I passed them up - don't rate them myself and once the few enthusiasts that want them have them there will be no market for them. They are not expensive. Wholesalers knocked the bloke up here back when he tried to sell them so definately not much demand for them.

All I can think is you may have them confused with something else?

I've advertised for them on ACE and Perth Cichlids forum...as well as QLDAF

I find it very hard to believe they are all over Australia....hard to sell, yet no one has ever offered to sell me any?

All I can think is you may have them confused with something else?

I've advertised for them on ACE and Perth Cichlids forum...as well as QLDAF

I find it very hard to believe they are all over Australia....hard to sell, yet no one has ever offered to sell me any?

I have to agree with Rod on this, especially as they were only discovered in 2002. I hate to say it but I think it is very unlikely that they are here.

Having read this article, I think we could be dealing with a natural Hybrid. Convict x Blueeye no Sajica as Sajica are restricted to Costa Rica and you have Nicaragua between the two countries, so it's unlikely to be part of the mix.

Archocentrus sp. "honduran red point"

I would like to hear what Randy Wessel who discovered the HRP has to say about its origins and status as a stand alone species or colour morph.

Having read this article, I think we could be dealing with a natural Hybrid. Convict x Blueeye no Sajica as Sajica are restricted to Costa Rica and you have Nicaragua between the two countries, so it's unlikely to be part of the mix.

Archocentrus sp. "honduran red point"

I would like to hear what Randy Wessel who discovered the HRP has to say about its origins and status as a stand alone species or colour morph.

Let's hope he brings some samples along to his lecture!

I've seen the fish in Townsville - just like the photo posted above but the tail is more Yellow / Dull orange (as in your photo) and definately not red. Little Blue around the face - none in the body (at least not at the size he had for sale). He was asking $3.50ea and other than some sent down south had no takers as of last time I spoke to him. To me they really aren't a nice fish and certainly a good convict is a far more impressive to look at. They were available in WA as of late Nov when I was sent a list - they are of no interest to me so unsure if still available there. Brisbane Wholesalers were not interested (even at a cheaper bulk price) so clearly there isn't a great demand for them..

I've seen the fish in Townsville - just like the photo posted above but the tail is more Yellow / Dull orange (as in your photo) and definately not red. Little Blue around the face - none in the body (at least not at the size he had for sale). He was asking $3.50ea and other than some sent down south had no takers as of last time I spoke to him. To me they really aren't a nice fish and certainly a good convict is a far more impressive to look at. They were available in WA as of late Nov when I was sent a list - they are of no interest to me so unsure if still available there. Brisbane Wholesalers were not interested (even at a cheaper bulk price) so clearly there isn't a great demand for them..

Goggle Honduran Red Point (Australia)

These are being chased on every forum....not just by me

Please text me his phone number....if they are the real deal...I'll take all he has got @$3.50

In a flash!!!

I believe there is a "Wild" population of convicts in Townsville....???

Edited by Rod