Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tristan

Botia kubotai

Price: >60Size: AnyQuantity: 1 or 2Sex: --Suburb/Town: Redland bayWondering if anyone has or knows anyone that breeds Botia kubotai aka polka dot loaches.

I know there are some available at annerley aquarium... But if i can avoid the $60 price tag that would be grand.

Good luck finding them (at any price).

I saw the few at Annerley Aquarium on the weekend, and if they weren't so much I would have bought them as well.

I don't want to brag, but have about 25 of them. I've paid from $14 up to $65 for them over the last 4 years. Probably lost 10 over that time due to bad water changes, fish misadventure, and illnesses.

These fish have been known to breed in mature, happy, planted tanks. And the chance of fry surviving is better if there is a sump involved.

I don't expect to breed them any time soon, but in the next few months I'll be moving them out of the 5ft community loach tank and into their own 4ft tank with massive overfiltering, plants, hiding places and huge amounts of water movement.

Good luck finding them (at any price).

I saw the few at Annerley Aquarium on the weekend, and if they weren't so much I would have bought them as well.

I don't want to brag, but have about 25 of them. I've paid from $14 up to $65 for them over the last 4 years. Probably lost 10 over that time due to bad water changes, fish misadventure, and illnesses.

These fish have been known to breed in mature, happy, planted tanks. And the chance of fry surviving is better if there is a sump involved.

I don't expect to breed them any time soon, but in the next few months I'll be moving them out of the 5ft community loach tank and into their own 4ft tank with massive overfiltering, plants, hiding places and huge amounts of water movement.

Is this you hinting that you would like to sell me some ;) haha