I will leave this alone !

After beginning to selectively breed a Rhadinocentrus morph , and the hostility I received My $00.02 is little better than flame bait - walking away from topic , biting tongue NOW!

I only hate 2 types of people in this world.

~ those that are intolerant of anothers choice of fish type to keep.

~ and rainbow fish keepers.

I only hate 2 types of people in this world.

~ those that are intolerant of anothers choice of fish type to keep.

~ and rainbow fish keepers.

In a lot of cases - same thing !

I think it is the Rainbow fanatics that are the issue - I keep and breed Rainbows but these guys nearly drive me to keeping Anabantids or even ------ Mbuna !

I have 2 female 'jelly bean' convicts that I'm trying to breed. They are on there 4th batch and yet to see any 'jelly bean' fry. Have been told to add heater in when the eggs are laid in hopes they form the jelly bean shape. Any tips wouldn't go astray

Depends....is the gene responsible recessive? is it dominant?

(Personally I don't care...you'll have to research that yourself...;))

You may not see any fry with the trait....but some of the offspring may be carriers....trouble is you won't know which ones

May have to grow out a number of males and breed them with your current females???

I have a giant gourami with a deformed tail. When i first bought her i was sad with the quality... Now i would never change it and love that my gpg has something unique and quirky... And it certainly doesnt effect her.

Each to their own, some people would have seen that and culled it, but now it is an intelligent creature who lives a happy life.

But if its a genetic cause for the deformed tail would you breed from it,?

I have two short body Aus Bass which I adore. The smaller one seems a bit odd (he swims with his fins 100% erect at all time, it's an odd look) but the older one is happy, active, eats well and is as fast as the others. I didn't get them because I wanted short body specifically, but just that they were there and cute and so I brought them home.

I don't mind the mutants if they're happy. Keep what you want. I own two bulldogs so I can't say anything anyways. =)