Nafe420

Eheim 2080 or 2 x 2217?

Looking at some filtration for my 5x2x2 and was pretty set on the pro 2080. Saw older threads on other pages of people not being too fussed on them but that was a few years ago and they have apparently since fixed the issue.

So is it worth me forking out near $600 for this or will 2x classic 2217s do the same job if not better (which I already have)?

Thanks

Yea good thinking litigator

Cheers

And thanks Donny but I'm replacing an FX5, had one pump pulsate rapidly (as I've read others have done) and another dwindle to barely any flow. Investigated and nothing i can fix so will get my electrical engineer mate to check out both pumps.

For now I just want to trust my faithful eheims.

I used to run two 2228's on a 6 foot tank a few years ago. Over 100 community fish, and had no problems with water clarity. I did change a lot of the media for higher quality Eheim media than what came with the 2228 filters.

Ok thanks for your help everyone, I got 2 second hand 2217s for $90 so I think I'll just go with that as the classics are near indestructible. I always put an aquel internal in my tanks too, love those things.

Plants and driftwood should cover the pipes and be good to have downward and upper surface flow as opposed to the fx5s limited output direction.

Thanks again :-D