Hi Guys,

My T5s have packed it in, and I was considering upgrading to LED spotlights both for economy and for the crisp look.

I've read an older thread where people have suggested the 10w spots would be sufficient for a 2 footer(depth wise) in a FW aquarium.

I'm just looking to illuminate a 6x2x2 with no plants and would appreciate if anyone has done this and could post some pics so I could get an appreciation of the kind of power needed or what an LED spot looks like on a tank.

Cheers folks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You could get away with 2 10w spotties, but 3 would do the job very well.

[MENTION=10647]Brodie-S/A-C[/MENTION] I am not sure what you mean about a converter? The spotlights have a LED driver in the back of the unit so you only need to hook them up to 240v and you're done, no need for anything else.

Thanks for the advice guys. [MENTION=13611]Heintz.G[/MENTION] not sure u got the right link. Would love to see a pic of the spots in action to get an idea of how bright a 10w is. You tube doesn't really help when it comes to

Thanks for the advice guys. [MENTION=13611]Heintz.G[/MENTION] not sure u got the right link. Would love to see a pic of the spots in action to get an idea of how bright a 10w is. You tube doesn't really help when it comes to

It's working now, photobucket was playing up.