didn't our man with the argentea have these guys at the same time...very hard to find and your wallet will guarantee that :eyebrows:..pretty sure they were 400 a bubba :pop2: I think I read they are partial to bloat requiring good water parameters and yep their aggression is up there...but on the good side it was fry that was available which means potentially a few numbers were let out on the market..hopefully a few smart fish lovers grabbed some little groups and there will be many more in the hobby in the future.. :bolt:

Closest I have seen here are texas and cubans.

Did not know pet city had some......... good chance to make some moola if you can get a decent fry batch raised?

i have spoken to a few guys with breeding stock, half of the trouble is raising viable fry.

being stupidly prone to bloat at a young age doesnt help.

most of the trouble is that even at a young age around 3cm they start to get super agro and stress each other out... recipe for bloat....

we can hope to see them soon though, not at a cheap price. I have a feeling that breeders will be so concerned about keeping the fry alive that they will forget entirely about quality.

Take a look at Paratheraps (paraneetroplus if you want to get cocky) Argentea, yes they are here. still hella expensive, not the kind of quality we would like to expect when we see of peoples fish in the states.

i'd like to see Breihdori appear... would probably end up looking like a washed out fenestratus though...

awesome fish, but not for the feint hearted.

haitiensis028.jpg

Edited by gingerbeer
removed juvenile reference

Take a look at Paratheraps (paraneetroplus if you want to get cocky) Argentea

**Vieja argentea ;)

I actually followed up on the haitiensis a few months ago. The gentleman who was offering fry for sale around a year ago suggested that all of the fry that were sold from that particular lot have perished and he is not aware of anyone who bought those fry having any success in raising any to maturity, let alone a pair.

I actually followed up on the haitiensis a few months ago. The gentleman who was offering fry for sale around a year ago suggested that all of the fry that were sold from that particular lot have perished and he is not aware of anyone who bought those fry having any success in raising any to maturity, let alone a pair.

Aw thats a bloody shame...such a "Good Looking" fish!!