Sign in to follow this  

hey guys my msuli point acei have meen rubbing against rock for about 3 or 4 weeks now no sign of any infection (i.e Whitespot, etc)just lots of scratches the electric blue colony that was in with them was doing fine. i think it could be parasites on the gills or sumthing similar.

i graduly added salt to the doseage of 1/2 gram per L and a 6 day treatment of pimafix to stop any infections on the scratches... now im thinking a formaline bath?

anyone got other ideas or had this similar problem?

Gday,

sounds like a external bacteria infection of sum kind?

do you have any pics????

I found high amounts of formeldehyde in the meds does help to contain the infection from spreading....

Ive just recently lost sum fish to black spot.Same sort of deal, external infection, rubbing etc...., so i know wat your going thru.

Keep the tank temp up too 29, the bacteria hate high temps and tend to spread slower.

Let us know how you go

Dave

hey thanks for the reply,

ive isolated them into a 100L tank to treat easier and ordered a bottle of formalin hopefully arriving tomorrow.. if it was an external infection wouldnt i see it on the fins or skin? and i thoguth 6 days of remedy should have cleared it up.

I doubt very much it would be bacterial if the fish are scratching themselves. Gill or body flukes are the cause of that symptom. Other than that, whitespot can live in the gills if the body is healthy.

Just a note, bacteria can handle higher temps too. If you are going to increase you water temp, increase the oxygen. eg; air pump.

I would of recommended using prazi, for a course of 3 weeks.

Frenchy :D

yeah thats what i was thinking white spot or sum sort of parasite/infection in the gills i have never heard of prazi- is this a medication from an aquarium.. if so what company makes it?

I tend to buy a Aquarium Science product called Aqua Worm. It is cleaner than the rest IMO. As in the water stays clear, the others seem to cloud the water a little bit.

I don't treat as per instructions by companies either, I follow those from a fish medicine book. 250mg/100lt, once a day for 3 days. Repeat treatment weekly for 3 weeks. I do this as the book covers the life cycle of the flukes, this treatment fits in better than what the bottles say.

Frenchy :D

sounds pretty spot on yeah i found out its the main ingredient in worm medication, i spot to the manager of the fish shop i work at an he said raise the salt to around 2g per litre so ill try that 1st, what do u think?

im never really a medicine sort of person, and would prefer to treat natural but thanks alot for ur help if i dont see any improvement ill definatly go with ur advice

Sign in to follow this