brodie7744

Red tiger mota ( parachromis motageunsis )

So this is a hard to find fish.. I've done a butt load of research about this fish and where some could be here in oz.. Tracing it back has been quite the mission .They are here but where ? Which on of you is hiding this beauty from us ? Hahah... If any one knows, please kindly share.. Lol

I've been searching myself mate, and everyone that I've spoken to hasn't seen this in Australia?

Hmm interesting. I've been back on all thinkable forums and people are saying that they have sighted them. How true it is I dunno.

I am having mixed thoughts because they arnt on the import list

I think anyone who has looked into larger nice Americans has headed down this path...maybe we should share info and get closer(or realize its not going to happen ie put us out of our misery)..big question is did anyone ever see them around before quarantine laws restricted future imports..if so then potential is there..if not then it would have to be a very rare smuggled in pair..not good breaking the laws by the way but it has happened before obviously...in which case the hunt is much much harder...I'm sceptical... closest I came was to talk to someone in Sydney who possibly had a pair that never bred or nothing ever came of it..I never saw proof too so we all have magical rainbow fairy fish if we don't have to prove it :eyebrows:...reason I'm also sceptical is these guys give large spawns so unless one killed the other(in which case we still don't have them!) then where are they??...you can't hide the number of babies these guys would produce...unless you're that obsessed with your own fish that you never let others have any :crazy: sad but I say no and I think most big american lovers would agree..I enjoyed freddies but that might be as close as we are to variety here :noidea: damn good looking fish too..oh well enjoy what you have..its better than missing what you don't..on a positive a lot of the older fish keepers have very rare fish but they dont have forum memberships :eyebrows: damn why remind me of these guys :frusty: ha ha be interesting to see how "close" others might have come..then again money hunting shuts mouths ha ha :eyebrows:

Edited by goldenswimmers

Have seen one male before quite a few years ago . Friends who have been in the hobby longer told me they have been for sale few times before .

Tbh I did expect them to pop up around same time the argentia and freddies all started poppin up .

Has always been my fav parachromis color wise .