Shannon_lyon

How to get the best colour!?!?!

Have a lot of African CICHLIDs just wondering what are the best few ways to get the best possible colour out of all the cichlids I have! Would love to have a complete tank Full of amazing colourful cichlids!!! Thank you, Shan!

Have a lot of African CICHLIDs just wondering what are the best few ways to get the best possible colour out of all the cichlids I have! Would love to have a complete tank Full of amazing colourful cichlids!!! Thank you, Shan!

Quality and varied diet is obviously a huge contributor to colour... However in my opinion the fastest way that will produce amazing results is all about the lighting. Some nice leds will enhance colours that you didnt even know existed before.

Ok, awesome! I do feed them pretty well with new life's spectrum and a mix of other things, so you think lighting? I have a 4ft light with a single bulb its Aqua one, should I purchace a brighter white light?

Look at some of the led from our sponsors. I like the aquaholics beamsworks and the worx led from age of aquariums... They will both bring out colours really well. For some good evidence of what led lights can do youtube miracle led on youtube

Your water quality and diet will effect their colours the most imo. Try and keep nitrates under 20ppm and feed a quality food, id recommend NLS.