benni

usually strip but...

hey guys last 5 or 6 mouthfuls of baby yellows ive striped after 12 days no problems or dramas good 20-30 babies per mouth.

but ive heard if you strip to much they lose the will to breed and sumtimes swallow as soon as the net goes in

so decided to drop my latest 2 into some 2ft tanks for the larger its been about 20 days just wondering when they usually spit them out and what sort of numbers u usually get, ive got some fake star grass in there as a good source of struc ture for the babues and a few rocks and craves for the female to feel safe.

thanks guys!

thats for the reply i thought this might have been a bit of a quiet forum and may not get help.!

they are in seperate tanks 1 in a large 45L and 1 in a 65L

both have lots of structure constant 26degree temp and both with lots of small structure for the babies to take shelter... also how long do the parents live peacefully with the fry until they start taking them out...provided i keep the feeding up..

i usually strip them so they stay healthy (20+days without food cant be good)

I would remove the females as soon as I could when the fry have been spat into the tank.

I have had a yellow female spit fry one day & the next day there is only a half dozen left, hidden in spots that the female could not get to. This tank also had plenty of shelter for the fry. The female was the only other fish in the tank.

Also be careful when adding the female back into the main tank, she will be seen as a new tankmate & in the weakened condition may not be able to stand up to the initiation ceremony.

hey mate thanks for the advice i check the tank morning and night and will be sure to move her instantly

also when adding back intot he tank i keep them seperate for about two weeks, feeding them twice a day to get them back up to fitness...

next time i will definatly strip.