I'm looking for two different types of wafers/pellets for my plecos. Need one that is very high in wood and vegetable matter and another that is fish meal based. Any recommendations appreciated.

Cheers

Atm keeping L144, L134, L397, L201, peps and common and albino lf. Already give them all driftwood, veges and algae wafers but ill be separating my 134s and 201s into their own tanks and would therefore like to change up their diets to suit each particular species better (L134s and L201s are omnivores whilst L397s and L144s are herbivores).

Thinking i might add wardleys shirmp pellets for protein pellets. Are there any algae wafers that are just wood and vegetable matter with no or little protein in them?

Are the shrimp pellets for shrimp or made from shrimp?

I don't think there is any wood based wafer

They will contain some protein in vegetable form, read the ingredients list to find out which

They are made of shrimp and yeah i figured there will always be a bit of protein but was looking for a wafer better suited to the Panaque genus which mainly feeds on wood and sometimes algae and therefore doesnt need much protein in their diet.

They are made of shrimp and yeah i figured there will always be a bit of protein but was looking for a wafer better suited to the Panaque genus which mainly feeds on wood and sometimes algae and therefore doesnt need much protein in their diet.

Then you would probably be looking for these....

Sera Catfish Chips 210g / 500ml

Use to feed those to my L397's

Sera catfish chips are good for adult L397 but I found they will bloat the fry when they are little. Now I use Aqua One vege wafers. I also add a veg flake so it swirls around in the current for those lower down on the pecking order to catch away from the main band of feeding.

Hikari algae wafers are suitable for all plecos including carnivores if you want a solid base food. Add shrimp pellets, carnivore tabs or what ever else you want for the real meat lovers. L201 is more toward a carnivore and L134 is more toward a vegetable lover but both are happy with hikari algae wafers. Add meatier stuff sparingly as one fish may pounce on it and eat the lot leading to bloat.

Sorry to butt in Supachops, but it's related. Hope you don't mind.

What are regular bristlenose on the carnivore/herbivore scale? I target feed them hikari algae wafers and zucchini, and they get the occasional spirulina flake, bloodworm and brine shrimp that makes it to the bottom. Should I be using sinking carnivore pellets for them too? What sort of foods should I use if I wanted to condition them for breeding?