kehw

My L080

[MENTION=11670]kehw[/MENTION]

i have never had these L's before but i think the one you are calling a she is in fact a he.

the little feathery looking things on the gills is usually a dead give away, especially in older specimans of plecos.

and females are usually a little plump aswell.

but like i said i have never had these before.

maybe someone else can either back me up or correct me if im wrong.

i have never had these L's before but i think the one you are calling a she is in fact a he.

the little feathery looking things on the gills is usually a dead give away, especially in older specimans of plecos.

and females are usually a little plump aswell.

but like i said i have never had these before.

maybe someone else can either back me up or correct me if im wrong.

Yeah [MENTION=7778]TED[/MENTION] im not too sure. I have only been in the hobby for about 17 months so i don't have a deep knowledge of L-numbers. I bought the pleco as a L080. I think it could be a L038. I always thought it was a male but I cant see any odontodals. Either way I want to get the opposite sex so i can breed them. I think they are a great looking small pleco.

Any help would be appreciated.

Im no expert either, i just enjoy keeping my L's. if they breed its a bonus.

it seems like every L has a suttle different way of confirming their sex and many will also have mutiple L numbers allocated to them.

my clown plecos have at least 3 L numbers. i do know i have a mix of males and females but they have never bred for me.

i wouldnt put my left nut on it, buuut i do think the second picture of your L080 looks to be a male.

do some research on your specific L number and ask around. you will eventually work it out.

i will have a look in my L book for you. your L080 might have numerous numbers allocated to it.

if i find anything i will post on here for you. gives me a reason to dust it off.

ps- nice pleco by the way.

Im no expert either, i just enjoy keeping my L's. if they breed its a bonus.

it seems like every L has a suttle different way of confirming their sex and many will also have mutiple L numbers allocated to them.

my clown plecos have at least 3 L numbers. i do know i have a mix of males and females but they have never bred for me.

i wouldnt put my left nut on it, buuut i do think the second picture of your L080 looks to be a male.

do some research on your specific L number and ask around. you will eventually work it out.

i will have a look in my L book for you. your L080 might have numerous numbers allocated to it.

if i find anything i will post on here for you. gives me a reason to dust it off.

ps- nice pleco by the way.

Its L038 and L080.

Hi guys and girl, I have just started with fish and have a Question why and how are you calling it a L080 or L038 sorry im dumb as far as fish go but ive gone from a couple gold fish to having a 5ft tank with pleco, silver dollars, silver sharks, mollies and still a couple big golds and some I cant remember what they are [lol] I would like to know a bit more about the pleco's

Hi guys and girl, I have just started with fish and have a Question why and how are you calling it a L080 or L038 sorry im dumb as far as fish go but ive gone from a couple gold fish to having a 5ft tank with pleco, silver dollars, silver sharks, mollies and still a couple big golds and some I cant remember what they are [lol] I would like to know a bit more about the pleco's

Hi JeffN here's a good read have fun. PlanetCatfish.com -All L-Numbers • Cat-eLog