goldenswimmers

So what happened to the Chilumba's?!

I know some people have/had these guys( [MENTION=889]tutters187[/MENTION] and [MENTION=156]hareysfish[/MENTION])..then [MENTION=3737]kasman[/MENTION] and myself grabbed some of these guys and these fish(hareysfish)went out into the mix...but still I never hear much about these great little fish and well im kind of curious as to whats going on with the population of these guys? :noidea: plus yes I confess I would probably grab another colony at the opportunity...great little fish with a nice colour variation between boys and girls :pop2:

these were part of the colony I had been lucky enough to grow up courtesy of hareysfish and the kasman :hail: cheers guys :beer:

SAM_7788.jpg

Edited by goldenswimmers

Hey mate, I have a young colony growing out, down here in Melbourne!

Good to hear mate :beer:..they are a great fish and look great as a colony..just watch mr dominant male..he really doesn't like other boys..you may already know..if not you do now! ha ha good luck mate and hope you get a nice strong group of beautiful fish...

Cheers. They are still young, all orange. Only one out of 8 has a single egg spot so not sure if it's going to be the only male or just the first to change. The guy I got them off had a group of 1 male to 5 girls and the male would belt all the girls and only breed with one particular female every time. See how they develop.

They are still around, but unfortunately some of them have ended up in the wrong hands and have been crossed with other fish (some of the ones you used to have met that fate.) I know where some are, not sure if he currently has fry available or not though.

Good question "where are they now"!!!

I sold mine onto [MENTION=7343]Fishunter99[/MENTION]

They were just starting to breed with the odd mouthful or 2. And in all my wisdom that was the time i got bored with them :crazy: