kane123

DIY Stand (Youtube Copy)

My stand for my 6x2x2 was quite low, so decided to build a stand to raise it up a bit. Watched a video on youtube of a bloke Joey DIY aquarist on youtube so decided to copy his video and give it a crack.

Im no handyman by any stretch but the build turned out OK. Bought a cheap drill and mitre saw and away I went, with some help. Stand is now 900mm high, so once tank is on it should sit roughly at eye level. Put some aluminium tube on the back to hang my light between also.

Should have enough room to put a hospital tank under main tank also. Few pics

post-4260-14711633129065_thumb.jpg

post-4260-14711633129235_thumb.jpg

post-4260-14711633129413_thumb.jpg

post-4260-14711633129553_thumb.jpg

post-4260-14711633129679_thumb.jpg

You could have went with something like this, I paid a bloke to paint it though with automotive paint

Yer I could of. Mine looks pretty similar in design. Paint is called charcoal, but looks more purple really. The lady at the paint shop might of mixed it wrong, I dunno. I have the tank on it now, the wood around the top split slightly, pretty annoying as I measured the bloody thing like 3 times before I cut timber. I just puttyed it up and touched up the paint. Will get a photo up ASAP

Cool. Nice build. Love it.

I watched the same Joey DIY youtube video and built this about 6 months ago for a 4x2x2.

I have yet put any doors on it though. Need to figure out how to do it.

How did you build the doors? Did you use plywood? Would you have any photos to share?

post-13541-14711633300195_thumb.jpg

Cool. Nice build. Love it.

I watched the same Joey DIY youtube video and built this about 6 months ago for a 4x2x2.

I have yet put any doors on it though. Need to figure out how to do it.

How did you build the doors? Did you use plywood? Would you have any photos to share?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62068[/ATTACH]

That looks the goods mate. Yep, doors are 12mm ply, with a timber frame on the back of them to hopefully stop them warping. In one of the first few pics you can see a hammer and some glue, that's the back of one of the doors. I just used some spare pickets I had lying around. Then I just added hinges. Note, take into account the extra width of doors with hinge attached. I didn't and when I put the hinges on the doors were to wide. I think I used a router to scrape a bit of timber out, so the doors would fit haha