SPA50

Kessil a160we Tuna Sun tune

Hey guys, silly question time!

Just installed my new Kessil a160we thanks to John at The Tech Den!

I was reading the manual and the website about tuning it perfect for my plants.

It says this under the Tune section.

Tune the spectrum and intensity for a personalized look. Kessil Logic™ maintains consistent output across the spectrum. 6,000-9,000K.

Now would this mean no matter what colour spectrum it looks like to my eyes, it will continue to dish out the same spectrum of light to grow plants?

Or would running it at the 6000k do better than the 9000k?

Cheers :)

Yeah I know that part but what I want to know is, will the light at 9000k grow plants at the same rate at 6000k?

I'm trying to work out if the colour changing feature is for our eyes to enjoy or to actually adjust the K for different plants?

I was under the impression that all plants use the same K roughly 6,700k if I'm not mistaken.

So as it says maintains consistent output across the spectrum, is that going to be the same plant growth during any colour?

Cheers for replying.

Worth the money but you would want a couple on a 5 foot unless you really want a spotlight effect haha

thats what i am looking for mate .. already have 2x 5 ft led lights they don;t seem to be that strong :o looking for spot light effect where u can plants high light plants. under the light.. I don;t think missus will let me spend light that cost 3x 300 dollar lol

I believe 6700k is optimal for aquatic plant growth. 7000k would look more pleasing to the eye. I don't think there would be noticeable difference in growth rate though.

I have an a 150we but I am thinking about getting a 360 tuna sun so I can tune to 7000 and raise for better coverage for my tank.