lgw

Battery gravel vac

I've got the eheim battery gravel vac, but has a piece broken off the impeller/shaft. Still works fine, just a little imbalanced.

You can have it for $30 if you like. I just prefer the old suction vac.

Unsure how the battery vac would go on a bare bottom tank though, as it creates a better suction with substrate.

Cheers

yup you could have mine for free but the distance is not worth while!

Biggest waste of money for a while... I think if you have a 4ft tank with small sized fish they maybe worth while but I find a good old 1 inch tube still much better. I did use it in bare bottom & graveled tanks and BB tanks defiantly not as good.

yup you could have mine for free but the distance is not worth while!

Biggest waste of money for a while... I think if you have a 4ft tank with small sized fish they maybe worth while but I find a good old 1 inch tube still much better. I did use it in bare bottom & graveled tanks and BB tanks defiantly not as good.

Thanks mate, I suppose i'll have to rig something up that just siphons into the filter socks.

I was hoping to get away with the lazy option lol

I just siphon right into the drain then refill from the tap I have tried a fair few things and this works best for me. Second best was a cheap trolley from masters with two black rubbish bins and a drain. I'd siphon from tanks into the barrels then wheel it to the drain.