Sign in to follow this  
matty73

Wanting opinions on media

I can highly recommend macropore, I've been using it for about 12mts now, marinepure I can't say I still haven't used it yet that'll be in my next order, a lot of people use it and only say good things about it.

Marine pure is good. Got 3L of it in my trickle filter. No issues with the water quality.

Macropore is great! I use it for polishing and clearing up my water. Removes all the tannins that were leeching from the driftwood. Just don't spill the stuff! The little spheres stick to everything

Marine pure is great, very porous & great for good bacteria growth. I've had it in my cannister for about a year now with no probs. Would like to try Macropore though, I heard it's like Purigen but cheaper.

Thanx to all who replied , i found an old thread on here Macropore vs purigen , sold me , will be converting over to marinepure and macropore , cheers guys and a big :beer: 's too the guys @ tech den for all there info :clap2:

Sorry to hijack but was going to post this later on maybe of use to others!

Was wondering what people think is better strictly for bio filtration, k1 or marine pure ? I was looking at getting 100kg of it as upgrading all my filters shortly, but I believe for the price k1 will give much better results and it's constantly replacing the bacteria for new healthy bacteria which marine pure does not ? In this sense one would be much better going with k1 correct ? I would still consider adding 2/3 of those blocks to a sump as I understand they can act to remove nitrate. Have I thought about this right ? :|

Sorry to hijack but was going to post this later on maybe of use to others!

Was wondering what people think is better strictly for bio filtration, k1 or marine pure ? I was looking at getting 100kg of it as upgrading all my filters shortly, but I believe for the price k1 will give much better results and it's constantly replacing the bacteria for new healthy bacteria which marine pure does not ? In this sense one would be much better going with k1 correct ? I would still consider adding 2/3 of those blocks to a sump as I understand they can act to remove nitrate. Have I thought about this right ? :|

hey hijacker , quite easy to start new thread, top left corner , click , create, easy as , thanks for your input on my original question without it i would have been baffled :eyebrows:

Sign in to follow this