Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duckess

Looking for a couple of quality large discus

Cichlid Type: American Cichlids Price: Neg. Size: 10cm + Sex: Mixed. Suburb/Town: South-East Qld preferred

Hi there, we used to breed discus (and sadly sold off some absolutely stunning fish) but haven't had any for a couple of years now. I'm setting up one display tank and am thinking about getting a pair of quality discus - would really love a male and female. My favourites are white butterflies, but am open to any colour, as long as they are a good shape and not stunted.

Please let me know what you have, location and price.

Thank you

Jump on FB and check out what Dt has for sale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/483338395134898/

The best LFS for Discus has to be Living Reef Aquarium. They are expensive, but they have the very best quality in S.E. QLD.

Discus for Sale

Oh, and also look out for forum member ssdiscus ( [MENTION=313]ssdiscus[/MENTION] ) he has some quality breeders producing some quality juveniles.

Cichlid Type: American Cichlids Price: Neg. Size: 10cm + Sex: Mixed. Suburb/Town: South-East Qld preferred

Hi there, we used to breed discus (and sadly sold off some absolutely stunning fish) but haven't had any for a couple of years now. I'm setting up one display tank and am thinking about getting a pair of quality discus - would really love a male and female. My favourites are white butterflies, but am open to any colour, as long as they are a good shape and not stunted.

Please let me know what you have, location and price.

Thank you

Trying to get quality discus at a decent price is becoming hard these days, generally the best ones are imported. Pet city has a great selection, but they are very expensive some are more than $400 each, but roughly good quality adult discus start around $200.

I grabbed some quality discus from exotic fish connections in rocklea, they were all juveniles though. Great price too.

SS discus is great to deal with and much more affordable.

Gumtree is hilarious for discus, I found a handful of discus a bloke was selling all underfed, stunned and terrible quality mixed with africans asking $200 each.

I do have a dozen various adults here FS, but as you're at the Gold Coast, contact Darren at Robina, first and check out his stock.

Great quality, great prices and a great bloke to deal with. Here on the forum as Thomo29

Cheers,

Shaun

I've just found living reef aquariums thank you. Amazing fish, will definitely go and have a look at those.

SS is great but we're after bigger fish - been through all of the growing out in the past and would like to treat ourselves this time!

I bought some adult Discus from Living Reef Aquarium on the weekend. Wonderful people and awesome Discus in store. But much of their really good stock is kept in their off sight facility.

[MENTION=7433]bazz[/MENTION] I generally find Pet City's discus stock very, very poor these days. It's not like the (recent) old days when Kelvin and Gary ran the fish section.

You can find a video of some of the Discus I bought from Darren, and photo's of some of the Discus I bought from Living Reef Aquarium in this thread.

http://www.qldaf.com/forums/discus-30/short-video-119322/

WTF - had a look at the Gold Coast discus facebook page, just tried to join so I could ask a question to DT Fishkeeper on buying some discus and got BLOCKED 5 minutes later.

Must be a GC thing....

Thx guys really appreciate it,

isee i will look into it and sort itcasap fir u as i dont understand y....

Please feel free to contact me duckess

I have had 2 large deliveries in the last 10 days from 7 cm to 17cm

Thx

Dtfishkeeper

Thanks everyone for replying. We've had a look at living reef aquariums and their fish are stunning, however we didn't find a pair that were quite what we're looking for, so are still on the lookout for a special pair that we will fall in love with. Have PM'd SS and DT, would love to see what else is available. Thanks