ORANGEMELLY

What an AWESOME day !!!!

Hi everyone.

I just had to tell someone about my day as in reality my friends and family do not understand my excitement...but I think you guys will.

So, I saw a tank on gumtree at a bargain price. Tank is 60 inches x 24 inches x 32 inches. Needs to be resealed ..But that's no problem for me. Really heavy, with stand, thick glass, NO scratches, already drilled. The best part - ONLY $50..the lady owner just wanted her space in lounge room back. So, I say I'll take it. She says "would you like the sump as well?" ITS FREE She did not have to ask twice. Within 1 hour tank and sump was safe and sound at my home. And then. Go to LFS and pick up my new baby oscar (my first oscar) and chocolate cichlid. What an AWESOME day. New tank will be my South American tank. Future home of my new oscar (he/she is so tiny), chocolate cichlid and severum.

I started cleaning tank today. Using Bar mans friend, it gets all the white build up off ..so much easier and affective than vinegar and razor blade....Bought it on ebay for $14...learnt about it though watching king of diy on youtube..oscar doing well, I bought the smallest one, his fins were all shredded from other fish attacking him, but they are starting to grow back and he is the cutest little thing (for now).