Can some one tell me how you tell make from female please?

I think its Male from Female mate and are you after the difference for Demasoni if so Males will be blue with black bars and Female yellow/orange

I think its Male from Female mate and are you after the difference for Demasoni if so Males will be blue with black bars and Female yellow/orange

Sure your not thinking of Johannii or something?

Well after some Googling I 'll take back my last statement about the Females I'd say venting them would be a good start

Hard to sex but females (if from the same batch) are smaller and males have longer extensions to dorsal and anal fin. Males are also deeper in the body.

Most of the males I've had have a black chin

I say most because it's not 100%.

Best way is to wait for the females to be holding and separate them or venting once they are big enough. I've had them breed at 4cm so they aren't shy and males get nasty as they get bigger.

Cheers mick

^WHS. If they are holding, They are Female. If they are kicking the crap out of everything they are Male. [MENTION=7637]yellows[/MENTION] You are thinking of Salousi.

No [MENTION=12614]Al32[/MENTION] wasn't thinking Saulosi as I used to breed them. What other breed is there where the male and female are the same as Saulosi but