jcumpstay

Jacob's High Tech Fish Room Build

Got the painting finished over the weekend. quick phone snap below. next step is completing the GPO and light wiring and then the aircon install which i will hopefully find time to tackle this weekend.

IMAG0626.jpg

Got most of the GPO's wired and the internal A/C unit installed over the weekend. Aircon tech is due on Tuesday this week to help with the copper pipe and vacuum test prior to start-up.

Obiece (James) again helped out with some fantastic tank stands that were collected on Friday and dropped at the powder coaters for some Satin Black treatment :-) Looking forward to picking these up in the next few days.

I've got two 5x2x2's and sumps on order through my tank builder which should hopefully be ready in a few weeks.

Next steps are getting the window reveal and architrave finished and then the skirting and door architrave. Oh yeah, the door needs a handle too ;-)

AC all fully installed and operational now :-)

The Daikin Ururu Sarara is a sensational unit and is a bit like a transformer when it starts up! A few good extras for the fish room include anti-mould mode and "dry" cooling with a very low humidity level.

Picked up the first two stands for the room from the Powder Coaters yesterday. I'll let the pictures below do the talking, suffice to say, I'm super glad I went to the effort to drop them off rather than just giving them a lick of black paint.

Thanks again to Obeice for the quality welding a fabrication work. Can't wait to get a few tanks on these and have them set up.

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

Damn that looks nice! Nothing worse than walking into an old shop or something and seeing halfass painted stands or rusted stands even. Will last you for eons to come ;)

I may have missed it somewhere in your thread but I'll ask anyway... What size (kW) is your Daikin?

I'm just about to install a 5kW Fujutsu (RC) into my fishroom/office. I would love to go with Daikin but I can't justify the $$ difference which is huge.

My room isn't huge so a 2.5kW unit was all I required. Having walls and ceiling super insulated doesn't hurt either. I know what you mean, Daikin are far from cheap but they are imo, one of the best quality and most efficient units around.

About time for some update photos. Slowly getting there between work and caring for an 8 week old child. Hopefully the first two tanks arrive in the next week or two but for now i'll let the pictures do the talking:

Fish_Room_Progress.jpg

Fish_Room_Progress-2.jpg

Powdercoated sump trolley on castor wheels

Fish_Room_Progress-3.jpg

A must for quick automated water changes

Fish_Room_Progress-12.jpg

The first on the racks/stands thanks again to [MENTION=11967]Obeice[/MENTION].

Fish_Room_Progress-9.jpg

Data cable currently hooked up to a wireless switch and my weather station :-)

Fish_Room_Progress-8.jpg

The mandatory small things to make this room the sanctuary i set out for it to be.

My room isn't huge so a 2.5kW unit was all I required. Having walls and ceiling super insulated doesn't hurt either. I know what you mean, Daikin are far from cheap but they are imo, one of the best quality and most efficient units around.

How big is your room? And how many 5x2's will you end up having? Thank you for sharing your progress with us... I'm loving it!!

Thanks for the kind words guys :-) [MENTION=9219]gpodge[/MENTION] - Room is 4.2m x 3.4m so not huge but will easily fit eight 5x2x2's plus sumps, fry tanks, water tank and other accessories. On purpose I kept the room on the small side to minimize running costs and maintenance time. For me its about quality over quantity.

post-9219-14711633355911_thumb.jpg

The reason I ask is I've just built a shed, that will incorporate a fishroom 6x4m, but that is a retirement project several years in the making.. I did put a floor waste in though! I love yours and it has given me lots of ideas... Thank you!@jcumpstay

Edited by gpodge

looking good Jacob, sump on wheels is a crazy idea lol....that will make cleaning it soo much easier.

but I have seen a problem, those stands are on the wrong wall....the three tier racks should be on the high wall....

looking good Jacob, sump on wheels is a crazy idea lol....that will make cleaning it soo much easier.

but I have seen a problem, those stands are on the wrong wall....the three tier racks should be on the high wall....

You know your actually correct there Mic. Stands are only residing where they are temporarily. I'll be moving them to the opposite wall and sorting out plumbing over the weekend if I get a few spare moments ;-)

well Mr [MENTION=11165]jcumpstay[/MENTION] you have really raised the bar this time, I have seen your projects overtime and they have all be exceptional, always rising to the occasion and trying new things, that I admire. but this wow is all I can really say and of course i'm jelly hahaha!! we're selling our house and getting another 70 style high set brick home, I wanna build a theatre room that doubles as a display room for my favs, thinking maybe you might just be able to help the idea evolve quiet nicely. will give you a call in a few months and have a chat.

thanks for the kind words on the stands, even though Aaron did them this time, we're both tradesman and we appreciate the positive feedback as we strive to build a quality stand for all applications, has been a pleasure to be a part of this build mate.

Thanks heaps for the kind words James (@Obeice). Means a lot to have people like yourself following along and seeing the journey that is these projects.

There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears that go into project such as these and it's all helped by the comments and encouragement that these forums are able to bring.

Time for a small update of the activities that a few hours of weekend time afforded:

Got the plumbing complete for water supply into the fish room:

IMAG0724.jpg

Yes, i haven't yet found the time to sheet the exterior of the wall. It's filled with insulation though so that's the main thing.

Started on the internal plumbing for the main fill line which will supply the tanks:

IMAG0727.jpg

Around the window:

IMAG0728.jpg

Got the Neptune Aex up and running and started on some labelling:

IMAG0730.jpg

Still waiting on the first few tanks but they will get here eventually. Next steps will then be plumbing in some bad-boy process valves and installing the common drain line. In the meantime, here's one last picture of one of the colonies that will hopefully soon call this new room home:

IMAG0723_1.jpg