jcumpstay

Jacob's High Tech Fish Room Build

well - the colour of the weir covers got the best of me really quick so they were changed out for something a little closer to the background colour. Today marked the day where the first tank saw some water :-)

Still a few things to sort out including the return of a few of my APEX EB6's as they are malfunctioning, but otherwise things are moving in the right direction.

Clear shims for stand leveling:

IMAG0832.jpg

With some water:

IMAG0831.jpg

Sump in action:

IMAG0830.jpg

And a quick video during filling showing the auto fill valve in action:

Edited by jcumpstay

What's been happening in the fish room!

Been pretty quiet the last week or so. Unfortunately i had to send back some of the Neptune gear as it was playing up. Still waiting on repaired or replacement products to be shipped out.

Good news is that i have ordered the other two racks and tanks for the opposite side of the room. will be a 4+ week wait for these though, especially by the time i have the stands powder-coated and get the tanks in.

Good things come to those who wait, so it's all a bit of a game of patience at the moment. just lucky that my next lot of Tropheus aren't due for another few months ;-)

Over the last week i have installed some electricity monitoring devices and associated software. Now that i am able to monitor and see the current draw of the aquarium heaters i'm currently running, i am very determined to get my existing colonies into my fish room to minimise the heating bill. The efficiency of a reverse cycle Daikin matched to a room cladded in Earthwool insulation is coming into it's own now that morning temperatures have fallen to 0 degrees at my place. Looks like i will be moving some colonies over the coming weeks :-)

DC Pump control unit mounted over the weekend. i also received my replacement Apex EB6 units from the wholesaler so again i can work on my automation (auto water change and top off)

O_TahFUykZqJwCpW5jZme2HddLCYjEwNgG2OJ6zAWBE=w1887-h1067-no

Energy efficient pump :-)

bIHmC-UpX1Zf2XVKFcSRMF5rGE_RYQoM2J_mQ_n9iss=s1067-no

I want to know if you have picked out your laz-y-boy chair yet and if you have a space allocated for it...if I had your set up I would want to sit in there all day and just watch my fish and tinker.......get yourself a nice comfy chair so you can enjoy the fruits of your labors....and one for me for when I pop over...lol.

I want to know if you have picked out your laz-y-boy chair yet and if you have a space allocated for it...if I had your set up I would want to sit in there all day and just watch my fish and tinker.......get yourself a nice comfy chair so you can enjoy the fruits of your labors....and one for me for when I pop over...lol.

Funny you ave mentioned a chair. i have purposely left a space for a nice comfy chair and the Mr's was only the other day suggesting that i will have to start looking around for one soon.

Plenty of tank and control related bits to get done before i further consider a chair ;-)

I have a feeling people are going to walk out of your fish room without having paid enough attention to the fish. :pound:

Maybe - Although, i'm actually thinking that i would like to hide quite a bit of the control equipment once i have all the racks and tanks in place. it will just look 'neater' :-)

Funny you ave mentioned a chair. i have purposely left a space for a nice comfy chair and the Mr's was only the other day suggesting that i will have to start looking around for one soon.

Plenty of tank and control related bits to get done before i further consider a chair ;-)

Although you may have lots still to do, if you don't keep the chair in mind, you might find you end up with nowhere for your chair..or not enough room (that's why you need to know which chair you are using).....your wife likely said something similar.... You know us women...always practical...or annoying...depending on your viewpoint...lol.

Maybe - Although, i'm actually thinking that i would like to hide quite a bit of the control equipment once i have all the racks and tanks in place. it will just look 'neater' :-)

Hidden but easily accessible is the key, you don't want to not be checking stuff as its a chore to get to.

Should start my own thread, the low tech fish room, I'm getting me some reticulated foam and bringing back the matten filters.

Hidden but easily accessible is the key, you don't want to not be checking stuff as its a chore to get to.

Should start my own thread, the low tech fish room, I'm getting me some reticulated foam and bringing back the matten filters.

Nothing wrong with Matten filters, they do the job nicely in my experience ;-)

Yup, I should start a thread, 'fish room on a zero budget, backyard style' [MENTION=11860]danfishy84[/MENTION]

It's easy to make more fish money [MENTION=3100]Craigo[/MENTION] , just have to sign up for experimental drug tests.

Your fish wont care that you have hair growing out your finger tips or purple ears. :boom: